Summer studying Watch

Mona17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi everyone,
Just wanted some advice for what to do during the summer, before starting IB2.
Should I stress alot, and get aloot of styding done, or take it easy and finish a lil here and there .. ?
Anyway, any advice is appreciated ..
/ Mona
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
do your EE... and world lit :/ that was advised by our school...
well im screwed.... i havent got any time! with work & holiday wtv ill get it done somehow

and i was planning on studying but nah, ill read over my notes maybe a week before we start just to get into the mode again..

trying to have a life + IB = difficult
trm90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do as much as possible. I did my ToK, an economics IA, my EE, my WL2 and geography IA all over summer and by the time I got back to school my life was LESS stressful than the year before. It's totally worth it and I wholeheartedly recommend it if you easily break under too much pressure.

As for studying, just review stuff about a month before you come back that you might have had trouble with; this is only really important in maths, sciences, and social sciences, though. Don't overdo it though, please remember that you are only human and that you need the holiday - IB2 is stressful enough as it is!
Castafoire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im working my sock off.
Days where I'm not doing anything I go through the years notes and handouts and transcribe them. It'll take forever, but at least it'll make revising easier next year.. I hope.

And I visit the library once a week and work on the TOK essay, EE, World Lit or the Maths Studies Project.

There is a strong possibility Ill burn out though:rolleyes:
Sk1lLz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Castafoire)
Im working my sock off.
Lol, only one sock? What about the other? :p:
Castafoire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol i worked that one off aaaages ago :p:
Umbrella
Report 10 years ago
I think it depends how much work you're going to do in term time. if you're not prepared to work much during term time work during the holidays.... i did very little in the summer holidays (I went to China and it was great!!!) so CHILLL!!!!! I still got 45
Umbrella
Report 10 years ago
oh... and burnout is a pile of pish... i worked 12 hours or more for about 3/4 weeks before exams!!!!!!!!
Mona17
Rep:
?
I work better during the term time, because Im more focused then, but Its difficult to study during the summertime as almost none of the ppl around me is studying .. anyway, cheesemuncher ,are you serious? You got 45, and you did nothing in the summer b4 u started Ib2 whatsoever? ..
Umbrella
Report 10 years ago
I read a few English books but did nothing much more. But as I said, i worked my ass off before exams and in the easter holidays
lavalse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok but seriously cheesemuncher is obviously a very capable student and had a good revision technique.

i would thoroughly recommend that you work as much as you can in the summer before IB2. Personally this time last year I did History HL IA, EE, French A2 IAs, and had already done my maths studies IA in IB1. this meant all i had was TOK and world lit 1 to do in IB2, it was sooooooooooooo worth it. i would have had a MUCH harder time if i hadnt worked like that. I had also done my english + french final presentations in IB1 (leaving only the IOCs to do).

nevertheless i still had time to go on holiday twice and have a few relaxing days/fun. but remember the REAL fun starts when you finish IB =)

good luck
Rainfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We were told to get a lot of work done on our EE, and to write our second TOK essay.

In subject specific areas: We were set to learn one of our chemistry options, the one that we decided to study on our own.

People who did English HL at my school also had to write their WLA2. Thank goodness for SL English.
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
whoaat? second TOK? i suppose it's only for your school right?? :/

why would they tell you to learn an option by yourself and not get proper teaching... ? just sounds silly
Rainfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
whoaat? second TOK? i suppose it's only for your school right?? :/

why would they tell you to learn an option by yourself and not get proper teaching... ? just sounds silly
Yeah, it is just a thing my school has us do. We are supposed to write two TOK essays, and then our better one will be sent to the IB.

Um, well, we learn one option as a class, and we learn one option on our own. Once the school year starts, we get class time devoted to that option where we can consult with the teacher and whatnot, but yes, it is primarily done on our own. I think we are just meant to get the basics down this summer.
Flamen04
Report 10 years ago
I would just relax! It's summer! :P
Rainfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ha, if I relax during my summer, I'll be so far behind when school starts it's ridiculous.

Such is the IB, I guess. :P
Gremlin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did nothing at all.
Mona17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gremlin)
I did nothing at all.
I will keep that i n mind:rolleyes: .. lol , Dont think I will be doing the same though .
Aegilia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Castafoire)
lol i worked that one off aaaages ago :p:
Ahahahahaha. Well put. :rolleyes:
saved9901
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Be sensible, but do as much as you can. I didn't do very much at all and paid the price.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.32%
No - but I will (38)
6.82%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (263)
47.22%

Watched Threads