Why did my boyfriend mess around before me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
My boyfriends parents are strict and have always wanted to make sure he marries within his caste. His ex was a different caste...they were together a couple of years but he never told his parents about her. They would go out drinking a lot together, but my bf told his mum he’s only been out like 5 times (partying).

I’m the same caste as my bf and he told his parents about me straight away..they are happy and we get on really well. I rarely drink and my bf loves this about me. He always talks about the importance of keeping his parents happy, as well as me.

If he’s so keen on making sure his parents are happy, why did he mess around slightly and hide things from them before I came along?!
pancakedreams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
You’re the real deal
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Because he did. Caste in this day and age ffs
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
He likes the fact that you don’t really drink, but he can drink all he wants? He seems like an ass to be honest and the caste system is incredibly outdated and creepy.
Last edited by YaliaV; 3 days ago
Anonymous #1
Bump
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hormones. Being young. Just wanting to have a good time and experience new things. Doubt it has any deep meaning.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Bump
Are you bumping until you receive the answer you want? You’ve received more than enough replies on the different threads.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Hormones. Being young. Just wanting to have a good time and experience new things. Doubt it has any deep meaning.
Even if they were together 2+ years?
Jack22031994
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
l wouldnt consider that messing around ngl.

Thought this would be like if he used to sleep around etc
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Even if they were together 2+ years?
Doesn't mean he ever felt she was marriage material - hence not taking her home to meet his parents. Young people often stay in relationships that aren't ever going to go anywhere just because they enjoy them for what they are in the moment.
Anonymous #1
Bump
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 3 days ago
I'm of Indian ethnicity and this whole caste thing is so stupid.
Anonymous #1
??
Anonymous #1
???
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
My boyfriends parents are strict and have always wanted to make sure he marries within his caste. His ex was a different caste...they were together a couple of years but he never told his parents about her. They would go out drinking a lot together, but my bf told his mum he’s only been out like 5 times (partying).

I’m the same caste as my bf and he told his parents about me straight away..they are happy and we get on really well. I rarely drink and my bf loves this about me. He always talks about the importance of keeping his parents happy, as well as me.

If he’s so keen on making sure his parents are happy, why did he mess around slightly and hide things from them before I came along?!
Because his parents were very strict and he wanted to have sex as he grew up but did not want to hurt his parents. Also, maybe he thought his ex was not the "one" but you are? And you are a new and different gf who is more conservative so of course his parents would like you. Would they be so happy if they thought you were drinking and having sex though?
yankang.qi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How is the caste system still a thing though, jesus.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by yankang.qi)
How is the caste system still a thing though, jesus.
Because unfortunately in this modern world elitism and racism still exist. And the caste system is both combined!
Anonymous #1
Thanks
Anonymous #1
??
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Your boyfriend is a manipulative racist that will say anything to anyone to keep them happy while he does what ever he wants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (259)
54.18%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.97%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.74%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.23%