The Student Room Group

Special constable

Hi there folks,

I would like to ask for some information about special constable. Firstly, I am European citizen and would be that a problem In applying for special constable? Secondly, I am studying criminology with a foundation year, would that give me advantage in applying for it? Finally, I've been Britain for 5 months.

Thank you kindly in advance.
Original post by Todorov
Hi there folks,

I would like to ask for some information about special constable. Firstly, I am European citizen and would be that a problem In applying for special constable? Secondly, I am studying criminology with a foundation year, would that give me advantage in applying for it? Finally, I've been Britain for 5 months.

Thank you kindly in advance.

As an EU citizen, you can apply to be a Special, yes. It will give you an insight into how the criminal justice system works in this country, but it won't give a specific advantage with applying to Criminology. It will give you something to talk about at interview, should you be called for one.
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
As an EU citizen, you can apply to be a Special, yes. It will give you an insight into how the criminal justice system works in this country, but it won't give a specific advantage with applying to Criminology. It will give you something to talk about at interview, should you be called for one.

Thank you for the given answers!

One more question, being for five months in Britain would be that taken into account when I am applying and would my application be denied because of it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending