The Student Room Group

UKCAT - Practice Questions and Useful Resources

Scroll to see replies

Original post by white_o
Ohh I see :frown:( Oh dear!!

Yeah! That restricts my options as there are a couple of other unis that have the same requirement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
Yeah! That restricts my options as there are a couple of other unis that have the same requirement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I've noticed that before!! Hmm, oh well ;//
Yeah! Maybe you can focus more on your PS once you're done with this.
I've started doing VR and it has not been very kind to me. I'm practicing using Emedica.I've done three mock VR test but I just don't seem to go above 630. VR scares me tbh. I'll be happy with a 650+ in VR. :'(
I started doing DA today using the 600q book and it seems nice! I'm scoring 800+ so far. But there's the algorithm thing this year so I'm not too sure if I'll be able to reproduce these marks in the real test!
Might start with medify next week.
What are you using for your prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Algorithm ?? What do you mean by that ??
Original post by future doctor x
Algorithm ?? What do you mean by that ??

I'm not very sure myself, tbh. I had asked this on the other UKCAT thread a while back and what they said was that the overall DA scores for this year will be low. And it will be difficult to score high in DA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by white_o
Sept 3rd :'(((( you?

Hey, how was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, how was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I ended up giving in and moving it to 24th September!>.<
Original post by white_o
Same here... Oh well I guess we'll just have to see ;/ and oh okay thank God! Hahaa. Wow, yeah that seems like more than enough! I guess it's all about what you take from it anyway :tongue: but that's really impressive!!
I've got one week at a renal ward, one week at ENT ward where I saw theatre and AE, one week at children's ward, then long rerm volunteering at a hospice. I also saw a kidney biopsy on the renal ward!! What kind of biopsy did you see??:P
Ohh okay cool, where are you from?

Hi how did you get to book some experience with the the hospital and on those wards ?
Original post by white_o

Lol, good for you. :smile:
I am thinking about rescheduling my appointment to 4pm. I'm not really a morning person and it's bound to affect my performance because I get a headache if I wake up too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We wrote a blog on longer VR comprehension questions that many people found helpful:

https://www.themedicportal.com/ukcat-verbal-reasoning-blog/

There's also free practice questions to get you started on this online question bank:

https://www.themedicportal.com/e-learning/ukcat/
Original post by MedicineMaybe
Hi how did you get to book some experience with the the hospital and on those wards ?

I just called and emailed as many hospitals as I could...Some had special programmes for med hopefuls which was good, and college arranged a few for me as well. Really just ask in as many places as possible and don't lose hope :smile:Good luck!

Lol, good for you. :smile:
I am thinking about rescheduling my appointment to 4pm. I'm not really a morning person and it's bound to affect my performance because I get a headache if I wake up too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely, I have mine in the afternoon bc I'm not a morning person at all!! Ahaa
Original post by white_o

Hey, best of luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I had my UKCAT test last week, I had some planning issues and couldn't reschedule the test, and I had the idea well encrypted in my brain that I could resit the test.
So I went unprepared, thinking that it could be a good real time testing for me (I am an EU student and I was freaking out about taking my first full english test). I got 2520 and SJ Band 2. But I just read that I couldn't retake the test?!?! Is that real??!!!

Thanks!!! And good luck to you all! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nadzzzzz
Hey! I had my UKCAT test last week, I had some planning issues and couldn't reschedule the test, and I had the idea well encrypted in my brain that I could resit the test.
So I went unprepared, thinking that it could be a good real time testing for me (I am an EU student and I was freaking out about taking my first full english test). I got 2520 and SJ Band 2. But I just read that I couldn't retake the test?!?! Is that real??!!!

Thanks!!! And good luck to you all! :smile:

Nope. I'm sorry but you cannot resit the test. You can only sit the test once in one year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your answer!
Oh I'm so stupid, I was sure I could resit the test! Well I'll have to do with those scores, which I am not proud of it but that's my fault!
Good luck to you!!! :smile:

Nope. I'm sorry but you cannot resit the test. You can only sit the test once in one year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nadzzzzz
Thanks for your answer!
Oh I'm so stupid, I was sure I could resit the test! Well I'll have to do with those scores, which I am not proud of it but that's my fault!
Good luck to you!!! :smile:

Don't be disappointed, just apply to your strengths.
Thank you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, best of luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks!!:smile:
Original post by white_o
Aw thanks!!:smile:

How'd it go? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decent thanks, 2760, 690 average so I'm happy enough with that :P when's yours again, 3rd October??
Original post by white_o
Decent thanks, 2760, 690 average so I'm happy enough with that :P when's yours again, 3rd October??

You should be. That's a good score. Congratulations. :smile:
3rd but I'm going to postpone it to the 5th or 6th. Eeeeks. So nervous.
How was it? What is the most representative of the real thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should be. That's a good score. Congratulations. :smile:
3rd but I'm going to postpone it to the 5th or 6th. Eeeeks. So nervous.
How was it? What is the most representative of the real thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! I know it's not the best score on here hahaa but then again it will hopefully get me where I need to be :P
Ahhh okay ahaa, good plan. Tbh I was like that before my exam but the real thing isn't half as scary as you make it out to be in your mind... I'd say the Medify medium mock is the closest to the real thing, but tbh VR felt quite a bit easier, especially after doing the Medify hard mock, and I found QR a lot better than expected, was actually my highest section at 740. But honestly if you've prepared just be focussed in the real thing and you'll be fine :smile: such a relief when it's over as well ahaa!

Quick Reply