UKCAT - Practice Questions and Useful Resources Watch

Tanishqa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
Anyway I can improve my score second time round? The level of preparation clearly wasn't good enough. Plus nerves took over. Not sure how I'm going to do this next year.
My score isn't exactly the best score but I did manage to get an 810 in AR that helped my average. I wrote down all the rules I came across on medify, Kaplan mocks, the official mocks and medify mocks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
deathbeforeimmortality
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tanishqa)
My score isn't exactly the best score but I did manage to get an 810 in AR that helped my average. I wrote down all the rules I came across on medify, Kaplan mocks, the official mocks and medify mocks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did as much as I could for AR. Remembering all the rules, applying SCANS etc but when I got to the exam I had some impossible questions and ended up guessing some of them. It's AR which really brought my score down as well and I was counting on that to be my strongest section.

I didn't have a good morning and my mind went blank at VR so I'm not surprised I didn't do well. So disappointing.
white_o
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah. :P
So, VR went okay. Then QR started and I was taking too long. Once I realized this, I panicked. Even considered ending the exam midway and leaving. Calmed myself down in a minute and ended up with a 730 God knows how. I swear I thought I'll get a score in 500's. After QR, I just thought that things can't get any worse. So might as well give it my all and I managed to figure out all the patterns! Ended up with a 810. AR really saved me. I wasn't expecting this as my artistic skills are basically non existent. :P
DA was okay-ish at 660. And Band 2 because I couldn't wait long enough to see my score. :P
I absolutely love Newcastle. You think our score( hah. Sounds too to say.) good enough for Newcastle? And Kings?
I might apply to Keele too. I have 81 hours of work experience.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like you did really well then! Thats a great QR score considering everything!:P and wow AR is amazing!! Well done ahaa and yeah I was the same for SJT! Ahaa. Tbh idk if 690 will be good enough for Newcastle but I'm thinking of comparing my score to averages when they come out on 9th then making a decision. Not really sure at all about Kings though.
Tanishqa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by white_o)
Sounds like you did really well then! Thats a great QR score considering everything!:P and wow AR is amazing!! Well done ahaa and yeah I was the same for SJT! Ahaa. Tbh idk if 690 will be good enough for Newcastle but I'm thinking of comparing my score to averages when they come out on 9th then making a decision. Not really sure at all about Kings though.
Ikr. I could strangely see all the patterns. :P
Anyway, I think I'll give Kings and Newcastle a call. I'll probably only pick one of them and apply to three safe choices. Which unis do you think would be safe choices? So stressed ATM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
white_o
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ikr. I could strangely see all the patterns. :P
Anyway, I think I'll give Kings and Newcastle a call. I'll probably only pick one of them and apply to three safe choices. Which unis do you think would be safe choices? So stressed ATM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here I'm so unsure!! I feel like Sheffield probably would as they have 627.5 cutt off, and maybe Keele because of their R&R form and possibly Nottingham because of their scoring? But I'm just very unsure ;(
medsch_1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are these links still valid?
Dr Cobbold
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Great

Posted from TSR Mobile
UniAdmissions
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by i.star)
I tried booking a test and realised that i can sit it as late as 24th Sept but the fee goes up to £75. Don't know coz I was told I had to do before Sept. And is there a book I can use to revise. I dnt like the practice questions it takes too long and you can't resume if you ran out of time. Am even thinking of not revising at all and just do the test. What are u expected to get ?? Marks or just pass or fail?:confused:
Hi i.star

The marking for Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Abstract Reasoning is done based on the number of correct answers given the raw sores are then converted to scale scores that share a common range from 300 to 900.

For 2016 the new Decision Making sub-section is being piloted so no score will be given.

Raw scores for Situational Judgement are given as one of four bands, with band 1 being the highest.

Unfortunately the UCKAT is not something that you can revise for but is absolutely something you can practise for and the more practise you can do the better.

There are many resources available to help you to prepare and to do the best that you possibly can. I would really recommend taking advantage of all the different resources there are available. If you would like any advice on this in particular do let me know.

I would also really recommend reading some blogs by people who have experienced the UKCAT themselves. A lotto these are really great for giving tips and advice and of course, reading a blog doesn't cost anything! There is one here that might be of interest to you. Feel free to let me know if you would like me to recommend some more.

Hope that is helpful.

UniAdmissions
muniza67
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
typically one day
Arzooshaikh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can someone with remaining verbal reasoning questions lend me their medify account? Mines almost over and im sucking at it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
32.7%
The paper was reasonable (309)
48.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (72)
11.37%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.11%

Watched Threads