J1234135
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Pretty much I get homeschooled and would be in year 11 and I have my GCSE's coming up but I've not really been doing any work like at all since I left school [year 10, march 2019] which was like 8 months ago. Most schools do 9 subjects and i only have to do 5 but mainly need to focus on 3 which are maths, English and science and need to start doing work so I can actually pass. Is it possible for me to do all the work for those 3 subjects in 4-5 months for when my GCSE's arrive?
Azotic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by J1234135)
Pretty much I get homeschooled and would be in year 11 and I have my GCSE's coming up but I've not really been doing any work like at all since I left school [year 10, march 2019] which was like 8 months ago. Most schools do 9 subjects and i only have to do 5 but mainly need to focus on 3 which are maths, English and science and need to start doing work so I can actually pass. Is it possible for me t2 o do all the work for those 3 subjects in 4-5 months for when my GCSE's arrive?
Compltely possible, no question about that. The question is do you have the drive and willingness to sit down and do work for hours needed in order to get those grades? Noone can really tell you if/if not you can do it, only you know, and the sooner you will start, the more you will thank yourself later.
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It’s possible to do it, but if you haven’t done any work for 8 months, what will change? You will need to make a plan you will actually stick to that involved doing a few hours a day like you would in school. Could you go to the library or something for your working time? Do you have the textbooks etc. that you need to actually do the work?
If you can afford it, I would also get a tutor for maths and English. For maths, it’s your job to work out what you can’t do but they can explain anything you don’t understand. For English, it can be difficult to see how well you are doing and how to improve without getting your work marked by someone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

If this is your first time voting in an election, will Brexit be a big factor for you?

Yes (6)
66.67%
No (3)
33.33%

Watched Threads