SElsaeiti
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello, I want to ask about something. So basically, last year I got a 5 in my chemistry IGCSE Edexcel and I want to study abroad, should I retake it this year, or focus on other subjects and my A-levels?
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by SElsaeiti)
Hello, I want to ask about something. So basically, last year I got a 5 in my chemistry IGCSE Edexcel and I want to study abroad, should I retake it this year, or focus on other subjects and my A-levels?
It really depends on what you want to do at uni. Do you plan on studying a degree that requires chemistry at x grade? If not then it isn't really necessary and can lead to unnecessary stress, and could lead to you performing worse in your A-levels.

I don't know where you are planning on applying, but I doubt you would be rejected from a uni if you did well in all your other GCSEs and were planning on study, let's say English.

Hope this helps!
SElsaeiti
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hopefully, I’m going to study in Canada. Telecom Engineering.
So what do you suggest?
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by SElsaeiti)
Hopefully, I’m going to study in Canada. Telecom Engineering.
So what do you suggest?
Well, I don't know how the university system works in Canada, so I'd advise that you should email the university, as they probably have a different admissions system to the UK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

If this is your first time voting in an election, will Brexit be a big factor for you?

Yes (6)
66.67%
No (3)
33.33%

Watched Threads