What to wear on a maybe first date? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I've been talking to a guy online and we're going to meet on Wednesday. We've just met rly but he said I'm pretty and he's rly glad he met someone like me - idk if this a date or not? We're going to meet in London so going to go for a walk n do some sightseeing then get dinner. What should I wear ?? Also, I don't usually wear makeup but should I wear some - I have some acne lolll. I want to wear somethig that wouldn't look out of place for just friends meeting or a first date. Thanks!!!

I'm 17 btw

ps don' t tell me I shouldn't do it or that he might not be who he says he is. If he turns out to be a 40 yr old psycho i'll just leave cos we're meeting in a public place
mpaprika
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
how old is this guy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mpaprika)
how old is this guy
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been talking to a guy online and we're going to meet on Wednesday. We've just met rly but he said I'm pretty and he's rly glad he met someone like me - idk if this a date or not? We're going to meet in London so going to go for a walk n do some sightseeing then get dinner. What should I wear ?? Also, I don't usually wear makeup but should I wear some - I have some acne lolll. I want to wear somethig that wouldn't look out of place for just friends meeting or a first date. Thanks!!!

I'm 17 btw

ps don' t tell me I shouldn't do it or that he might not be who he says he is. If he turns out to be a 40 yr old psycho i'll just leave cos we're meeting in a public place
Smart casual will do fine. Be yourself as well! Acne and all!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mgi)
Smart casual will do fine. Be yourself as well! Acne and all!
Thanks! do you think that I should wear a bit of foundation to cover it up?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thanks! do you think that I should wear a bit of foundation to cover it up?
Very slight nicely applied foundation, that's fine- but it is always best to be yourself as much as possible as well!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mgi)
Very slight nicely applied foundation, that's fine- but it is always best to be yourself as much as possible as well!
Thank you
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

I'm 17 btw

Dinner on a first date?!
yepyep7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
This is an expensive first date, fair play to him. So, So cold at the moment too, you have little options tbh. Jeans, top and a really warm jacket.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

I'm 17 btw

As to what to wear, something which is understated and isn't in any way revealing or provocative. I'm sure you're not planning on getting dressed like a tart, but the usual rules about nothing to low, high, tight or bright apply. If you're going to be doing some walking around, then flat shoes that aren't going to hurt are a must - but if you're going for dinner afterwards maybe put a pair of heels in your bag (oh, and a sensible sized bag, not some tiny little clutch, obviously). Do you have any clothes on the smarter side of casual that you could wear?
DR.DOOM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
wear a black or red jacket with jeans and a long sleeve top
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
As to what to wear, something which is understated and isn't in any way revealing or provocative. I'm sure you're not planning on getting dressed like a tart, but the usual rules about nothing to low, high, tight or bright apply. If you're going to be doing some walking around, then flat shoes that aren't going to hurt are a must - but if you're going for dinner afterwards maybe put a pair of heels in your bag (oh, and a sensible sized bag, not some tiny little clutch, obviously). Do you have any clothes on the smarter side of casual that you could wear?
Thank you for replying? Would jeans and a nice top or jumper be ok.... or should I buy some new clothes loll? Should I wear some light make up? I'm so lost loll I've never really gone on a date or put much effort into how I look!
Anonymous #1
Thank you for replying? Would jeans and a nice top or jumper be ok.... or should I buy some new clothes loll? Should I wear some light make up? I'm so lost loll I've never really gone on a date or put much effort into how I look!
Also I meant Thanks for replying! with a ! instead of a ?loll
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DR.DOOM)
wear a black or red jacket with jeans and a long sleeve top
Thanks
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If you've got the spare cash and like shopping then sure - why not get something new! But don't feel you have to - jeans (well fitting, and not ripped or high-fashion) and a top with a jumper would be fine, so if you've got that already then don't splash out.

As for the make up, I would definitely do some. If you've got bad acne, then I'd actually not bother with much foundation, as it will just sit in it and accentuate it. You'd be better off with some BB/CC cream and concentrate on doing some nice eye makeup instead (no ****** lashes). If you're not used to wearing makeup, I wouldn't do a strong lip with eye makeup or you could end up feeling quite self-conscious and 'over-made up'.

Main thing is to ENJOY IT - and don't worry too much about what you look like. I know this is easy to say, which is why I think carefully chosen clothes and a bit of slap will help you feel a bit more confident about your appearance and enjoy the date instead.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
If you've got the spare cash and like shopping then sure - why not get something new! But don't feel you have to - jeans (well fitting, and not ripped or high-fashion) and a top with a jumper would be fine, so if you've got that already then don't splash out.

As for the make up, I would definitely do some. If you've got bad acne, then I'd actually not bother with much foundation, as it will just sit in it and accentuate it. You'd be better off with some BB/CC cream and concentrate on doing some nice eye makeup instead (no ****** lashes). If you're not used to wearing makeup, I wouldn't do a strong lip with eye makeup or you could end up feeling quite self-conscious and 'over-made up'.

Main thing is to ENJOY IT - and don't worry too much about what you look like. I know this is easy to say, which is why I think carefully chosen clothes and a bit of slap will help you feel a bit more confident about your appearance and enjoy the date instead.
Thank you so much!!! U've been rly helpful
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thank you so much!!! U've been rly helpful
You're welcome Have a great time, and I hope he proves to be a good find!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (256)
54.24%
18-20 years old (no) (60)
12.71%
20-25 years old (yes) (79)
16.74%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.91%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.3%