The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
sarforaz
Not really...
He's had 3 good games but the rest havent been brilliant points.
Id rather have 3 or 4 good players than one good and 2 or 3 cheap/crappier players.

You'll slowly fall down the league without Ronaldo imo, he's got an average of 9.1 points per game, no chance you can manage without him.
sarforaz
Not really...
He's had 3 good games but the rest havent been brilliant points.
Id rather have 3 or 4 good players than one good and 2 or 3 cheap/crappier players.

He's only just returning tbf. He has 8 point less than Lampard who's first and 12 points more than Kuyt who's 3rd (:eek: ) already. Consider the amount of games he's already missed and that's already very good. He's a fantasy team must have imho.
Reply 2482
Ascient
He's only just returning tbf. He has 8 point less than Lampard who's first and 12 points more than Kuyt who's 3rd (:eek: ) already. Consider the amount of games he's already missed and that's already very good. He's a fantasy team must have imho.

Agreed.

Ireland was coming close to being booted out of my team as well, but Delap was the only other player in his price range, and he's been average recently, so I just left it. It paid off!

Next transfer I have in mind is to swap VDS for Reina. I can't bring in Cech because now I have Bosingwa, Lampard and Anelka. Reina is pretty much on par with Cech anyway.
Mmm not sure who I would get rid off if I wanted to bring him in *shrugs*
untitled.JPG
sarforaz
untitled.JPG

Because of his cost, it'll have to be a sacrificing of one of Lampard or Torres and then someone standardly priced as well, like SWP.

And thanks :wink2:
Reply 2486
sarforaz
untitled.JPG

You definitely have to take out SWP. He's had two good games and that's it. Also take out Arteta I reckon. That should help you get Ronaldo.

Geovanni scored!!! Although on the site it's credited him with two goals!
I was planning on taking out SWP this week and Arteta the week after but trying to work out who to replace them with..
Tempted to go with Delap + Giovanni :biggrin: That would pull out about 6mil and then maybe change Lampard for Ronaldo.
Want to keep Torres since I think he will get a bundle of goals soon.
Reply 2488
sarforaz
I was planning on taking out SWP this week and Arteta the week after but trying to work out who to replace them with..
Tempted to go with Delap + Giovanni :biggrin: That would pull out about 6mil and then maybe change Lampard for Ronaldo.
Want to keep Torres since I think he will get a bundle of goals soon.

I really think you should keep Lampard in your team. He's been so consistent this season. I think it's very important to have both Lampard and Ronaldo in your team. You should sacrifice Torres for Anelka since Anelka's been on hot form and he costs more than £2m less than Torres!
geoff_yin
You definitely have to take out SWP. He's had two good games and that's it. Also take out Arteta I reckon. That should help you get Ronaldo.

Geovanni scored!!! Although on the site it's credited him with two goals!

I thought it had done that with Ireland but he had scored again :mad:
Reply 2490
Ronaldo VII
I thought it had done that with Ireland but he had scored again :mad:

lol unlucky mate!

Geovanni has been credited with just the one goal now it seems.
geoff_yin
I really think you should keep Lampard in your team. He's been so consistent this season. I think it's very important to have both Lampard and Ronaldo in your team. You should sacrifice Torres for Anelka since Anelka's been on hot form and he costs more than £2m less than Torres!

I want to keep Torres, he will get me some goals :nods:
If I hadnt wasted my wildcard, I wouldve attempted to get them in...
Dont see how I can fit in Lampard/Torres/Ronaldo..
My funds havent increased enough for me to do that!
Reply 2492
sarforaz
I want to keep Torres, he will get me some goals :nods:
If I hadnt wasted my wildcard, I wouldve attempted to get them in...
Dont see how I can fit in Lampard/Torres/Ronaldo..
My funds havent increased enough for me to do that!

Nah it's pretty much impossible to have all three in your team without having some really poor players in your team. Although at the moment I do have enough money to squeeze in Lampard, Ronaldo and Adebayor in my team :biggrin:

I guess you'll have to decide on which combination of the two players out of the three that you want in your team. But I still think Lamps/Ronnie are the best combination right now. You can transfer Torres back in for Lampard when he starts being amazing again and not missing sitters like he did yesterday.
I think I will try to bring in Ronaldo, but I would have to get rid of Deco, and either Anelka or Keane in attack. This will be quite ****, because the attacker will be a crappy player, but I might have to do it after next week. :frown:
Reply 2494
The Sherminator
I think I will try to bring in Ronaldo, but I would have to get rid of Deco, and either Anelka or Keane in attack. This will be quite ****, because the attacker will be a crappy player, but I might have to do it after next week. :frown:

Deco and Keane aren't playing well anyway, so that's no real loss. Especially with Torres back and Keane's place in danger.
Well, sell Wright Phillips and Lampard, then you can get Ronaldo and a cheap midfield. Sounds like a plan tbh.
Reply 2496
The Sherminator

Well you might as well get rid of Deco for Kuyt since Kuyt's on form and he's like £0.5m cheaper than Deco or something like that. I don't think you'll be missing the presence of Keane in your attack tbh.
Ireland and SWP booked in quick succession :biggrin:
Reply 2498
Bet Colesy's worried now!
Marney booked :rolleyes:

Latest