The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sarforaz
The Arsenal game is the earliest it can mathmatically be over :yep:

:no: that would be the Wigan game :yep:
Ronaldo VII
:no: that would be the Wigan game :yep:

3 point lead, win both of your games, we win at WH = 6 point lead, so mathmatically Liverpool could still win on GD if Utd were to lose to Arsenal + Hull :woo:
If you assume WH can get something against Liverpool, you can assume that City are going to get something against Utd and keep a 6 point gap. Thereby, Arsenal would be the earliest.
sarforaz
3 point lead, win both of your games, we win at WH = 6 point lead, so mathmatically Liverpool could still win on GD if Utd were to lose to Arsenal + Hull :woo:
If you assume WH can get something against Liverpool, you can assume that City are going to get something against Utd and keep a 6 point gap. Thereby, Arsenal would be the earliest.

Earliest would imply the earlist it could happen, which would be Wigan :unsure: City at home is easier than West Ham away also.
Reply 4483
Ronaldo VII
But we wont be resting players against City and Wigan until it is mathematically over.

True. Sorry, in the context of this thread it may have seemed I was arguing that they will rest players, but I agree that they won't. I was just saying, it's basically been over for a couple of weeks. :yy:
I hope I reach 2000 points. =O If I continue at my average rate I get to like 1980 =O.
Pretty certain I've got 5th place in the bag, well happy with that. My early season ambition was top 10 but i thought that would be too tricky. =) Got my eye on gaining a place aswell, with one of the teams above looking shoddy. :teeth:
Reply 4485
Still on for my top 20 finish too! :woo:
Ive settled for my team, bar 2 players.
Want to take out Ireland and Denilson + cash in the bank gives me 14.2mil for 2 midfield players but I cant work out who to bring in!
Reply 4487
I know he's unlikely to play, but I brought in Evans for Bassong. Even if he doesn't play, I'll have L Young on the bench with a decent shout for a clean sheet anyway.
I haven't checked my team in a few weeks, should I get rid of Keane for Tevez (considering they have two games this gameweek)?
Reply 4489
Arnie Pie In The Sky
I haven't checked my team in a few weeks, should I get rid of Keane for Tevez (considering they have two games this gameweek)?

Probably not, as he plays for the United bench..

Better to go for Rooney or Berbatov.
I've got Rooney already but I'm unsure of Berbatov and I don't have enough money for him. Keane £8.8m - Tevez £8.9m (£0.2m in bank). Berbatov costs £9.6m.

My other striker is Beattie :shifty:
Brought in Vidic for Cashley, now have 3 United players at the back. Probably won't work but only 3 games left so worth a shot.
Bought in Cahill for Denilson and will bring in Alonso next week for Ireland then no more transfers!
Got a horrible feeling ill lose my H2H this week :frown:
My H2H looks over. I'm in 2nd but 7 points behind with 3 to go. Sucks as my goal difference is over 100 better than the leader and everyone else. Just shows H2H is crap :colonhash: Top of the TSR league is very tight though. I think it's a 3 horse race. Wouldn't change my team for any other at the moment. I gambled a few weeks ago by spending quite a few points but it paid off by returning those points spent in one week. I've been twice in the last two seasons on here, it's time for one better :colone:
Reply 4494
Ronaldo VII
My H2H looks over. I'm in 2nd but 7 points behind with 3 to go. Sucks as my goal difference is over 100 better than the leader and everyone else. Just shows H2H is crap :colonhash: Top of the TSR league is very tight though. I think it's a 3 horse race. Wouldn't change my team for any other at the moment. I gambled a few weeks ago by spending quite a few points but it paid off by returning those points spent in one week. I've been twice in the last two seasons on here, it's time for one better :colone:

Not over yet. If the guy at the top is not active, he could easily lose three in a row!

I hope Fletcher doesn't play/score in this gameweek. I was so close to putting him in, but I opted for Evans instead (who is also unlikely to play).
geoff_yin
Not over yet. If the guy at the top is not active, he could easily lose three in a row!

I hope Fletcher doesn't play/score in this gameweek. I was so close to putting him in, but I opted for Evans instead (who is also unlikely to play).

It's a she :frown: and she is active. She has a really crap team but it kept having massive amounts of luck by beating playing people on an off week and beating them by single-digit points when facing anyone else would've lost :dry:

I think Evans will play in one of our two games. Most likely Wigan.
Reply 4496
Ronaldo VII
It's a she :frown: and she is active. She has a really crap team but it kept having massive amounts of luck by beating playing people on an off week and beating them by single-digit points when facing anyone else would've lost :dry:

I think Evans will play in one of our two games. Most likely Wigan.

Oh OK. You never know though, you could be due some luck...

There was a guy in my H2H that was either leading the table or was 2nd for the vast majority of this season and was not active at all. Having Gerrard (c) and Torres carried him throughout the whole season. But it's caught up to him now and he's down to fourth I think. :p:
Ronaldo VII

:ditto: ish
where the **** am i in the mix last?

I didnt change anything after about week 10 and have forgotten all my password and ****. tell me mikey!
Reply 4499
RobbieC
where the **** am i in the mix last?

I didnt change anything after about week 10 and have forgotten all my password and ****. tell me mikey!

You're in 63rd place with 1478 points.

Latest