Computer Science course structure Edinburgh vs Imperial and others Watch

NomDeiX
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hi guys,
Is there anybody who studies undergraduate CompSci at Edinburgh and can compare the course structure to other universities (mainly Imperial, UCL) On the website I read that 1/3 of courses in the first year is outside the subject and you can choose subjects that interest you. As much as I like Computer Science, I am also fan of other fields, mainly economics, politics and astronomy and the opportunity to take classes in different fields is amazing. Does it work like that? And is it in just the first semesters or in all? Are there some restraints? And most important, can you choose classes in Imperial or UCL, or is Edinburgh the only one?
trythis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
Yes, you can take outside subjects. You can take modules in (almost) any school, for 1/3 of your credits in first year, 1/6 in second year (if on a single-honours degree) and 1/12 in third and fourth year if you wish. Take a look at the course schedule here. The only problem is that some modules may clash or be full.

This is more common at Scottish universities - I don't think Imperial / UCL have something comparable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (137)
54.15%
18-20 years old (no) (31)
12.25%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.42%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.58%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.11%