iz.vet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Please does anyone have any advice for me - I found Year 12 maths relatively okay to understand and remember however the second year Pure maths is testing me! I understand it completely in lessons and even doing homework I am okay but in tests I can never seem to remember what I need to or link it to what I've learnt, if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it thank you so much!!
goldfvnch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by iz.vet)
Please does anyone have any advice for me - I found Year 12 maths relatively okay to understand and remember however the second year Pure maths is testing me! I understand it completely in lessons and even doing homework I am okay but in tests I can never seem to remember what I need to or link it to what I've learnt, if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it thank you so much!!
I had a similar problem last year... I remember it was relatively easy up until logs, and then (boom) the difficult calculus and trig kicks in. I think you just have to do lots and lots of practice - past exam questions, your textbook, workbooks etc. Idk what board you do, but I did the edexcel syllabus and you can get practice books with loads of harder problem-solving practice questions.
nathan.boachie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should practice it so much until it cant leave your head. I sat my a level maths a year early and I still remember about 95% of the rules other than a few of the double angle formulas (which are given anyway)
iz.vet
Rep:
?
(Original post by goldfvnch)
I had a similar problem last year... I remember it was relatively easy up until logs, and then (boom) the difficult calculus and trig kicks in. I think you just have to do lots and lots of practice - past exam questions, your textbook, workbooks etc. Idk what board you do, but I did the edexcel syllabus and you can get practice books with loads of harder problem-solving practice questions.
thank you so much, it's great to know you were in the same boat! I have the practice book for edexcel so I will start doing some questions regularly, thank you!
iz.vet
Rep:
?
(Original post by nathan.boachie)
You should practice it so much until it cant leave your head. I sat my a level maths a year early and I still remember about 95% of the rules other than a few of the double angle formulas (which are given anyway)
Thank you very much, do you think I have time to get it all memorised by January or is that too optimistic? Also did you do practice questions daily or weekly?
Kitten261002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thank you so much, it's great to know you were in the same boat! I have the practice book for edexcel so I will start doing some questions regularly, thank you!
What do you mean by the practice book? Is it the workbook? Would you recommend it?
goldfvnch
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's great to hear, I'm glad I could help! The bronze/silver/gold questions at the end of each chapter helped me so much, so I'd recommend those for when you want to tackle harder concepts and stretch your understanding.
goldfvnch
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kitten261002)
What do you mean by the practice book? Is it the workbook? Would you recommend it?
Yeah you can buy practice books online (they have the same format as the textbook)
nathan.boachie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you very much, do you think I have time to get it all memorised by January or is that too optimistic? Also did you do practice questions daily or weekly?
You definitely can memorise it all by January but you need to practice questions daily. I’d say at least one topic for an hour each day. Even weekends and Fridays. But if you do that you’ll be sure to get A/A* grades in whatever you take. I recommend madasmaths and physicsandmathstutor for questions.
iz.vet
Rep:
?
(Original post by nathan.boachie)
You definitely can memorise it all by January but you need to practice questions daily. I’d say at least one topic for an hour each day. Even weekends and Fridays. But if you do that you’ll be sure to get A/A* grades in whatever you take. I recommend madasmaths and physicsandmathstutor for questions.
Thank you so much you have been so helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.23%
Labour (443)
42.6%
Liberal Democrats (201)
19.33%
Green Party (54)
5.19%
Brexit Party (27)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)