I need some help with my UCAS please... Watch

Fredtheb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So my last college had an amazing, student-centered UCAS department, which really supported us in terms of applying for University. I am now studying a Foundation Art Diploma at Bournemouth Arts (not liking it at all), and thankfully it is a year course so I am going to suck it out.Now, from speaking to my tutor, she is s***. She is very dull and doesn't seem to care. My college tutor was lovely and gave huge support to me in my application here.

Anyway, I am looking to apply to Loughbourough University for 2020. Although I had help from the UCAS department and my tutor, I didnt have to apply through UCAS for my diploma; for my degree, I do.

Considering that the uni UCAS center here seems a bit toss, do you guys think it would be better to apply through my old college or through the uni (as i need the buzzword soon)

Cheers
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Fredtheb)
So my last college had an amazing, student-centered UCAS department, which really supported us in terms of applying for University. I am now studying a Foundation Art Diploma at Bournemouth Arts (not liking it at all), and thankfully it is a year course so I am going to suck it out.Now, from speaking to my tutor, she is s***. She is very dull and doesn't seem to care. My college tutor was lovely and gave huge support to me in my application here.

Anyway, I am looking to apply to Loughbourough University for 2020. Although I had help from the UCAS department and my tutor, I didnt have to apply through UCAS for my diploma; for my degree, I do.

Considering that the uni UCAS center here seems a bit toss, do you guys think it would be better to apply through my old college or through the uni (as i need the buzzword soon)

Cheers
I would apply through Bournemouth Arts so they can comment on your achievements this year. You don't need much help from school anyway and TSR can support you if necessary
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 hours ago
(Original post by Fredtheb)

Cheers
Tutors usually change once you choose a pathway - have you tried talking to your pathway tutor instead?

Studying at a university you're supposed to be a bit more independent - you should have access to the help you need to complete your UCAS application (and if not there's plenty of support and advice on TSR and on the UCAS website).

If you're applying for a creative course that requires a portfolio then it would be much more sensible to apply through your current course instead of your old college. Your course should be helping you develop your portfolio and will have much more experience in preparing students for interview.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (207)
53.63%
18-20 years old (no) (49)
12.69%
20-25 years old (yes) (59)
15.28%
20-25 years old (no) (8)
2.07%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
6.22%