BryonySandra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey everyone, I have a bit of an issue. I am wondering if I should drop my alevels (chemistry,maths and biology) to peruse going to college to study vet nursing (the course is a level 3 diploma so the equivalent of alevels). However, I would have to wait until September 2020 to apply and by then I would be a year through my alevels, so I’m not sure if I should just stick it out for the final year and then apply for college in 2021? However, I feel really out of place doing my alevels and I’m not really enjoying it. I feel like a levels are not the route for me but I don’t know whether to just grit my teeth and get through them? Any advice would be great thank you x also sorry I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this question I’ve never posted on here before
Last edited by BryonySandra; 4 weeks ago
Chinggis
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are well on to getting top grades for A levels, I’d say stick to it, and if you change your mind, you don’t have to do veterinary nursing.
Also do all veterinary nursing courses accept that diploma (or at least the places you are interested in)? If yes, and you think it’s for you, go for it
chepow01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would say stick to it and see. I am in a similar spot as you. I left sixth form a year in because I didn't do well enough to become a vet (I had an E in Biology). But it is still a pass! And since vet nursing is all about biology and chemistry anyway, you will have a much better understanding of what you learn by the time you go to college (since you will be learning similar content). I wish i stayed another year. Not to pass, but to just learn and understand the content.
BTW. I am looking to become a vet nurse through an apprenticeship now, and after leaving sixth form I went to college to study animal management level 3 for a couple of months but found it wasn't for me. If you have any questions or want any advice don't be afraid to message me
lowriehamilton
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You can get your a levels and then do a veterinary nursing degree at university. This way you have your alevels and a degree if you fancy a career change
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
My first reaction would be get A levels first then pursue vet nursing as keep hour optiond open.
Failing that apply for 2020 and see how you feel in Sept.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (141)
19.67%
Labour (362)
50.49%
Liberal Democrats (99)
13.81%
Green Party (36)
5.02%
Brexit Party (9)
1.26%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.42%
SNP (14)
1.95%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.84%
SDLP (1)
0.14%
Ulster Unionist (4)