Chani19
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys I just have a few questions on what I should do. Basically getting straight the point my attendance in sixth form is 85.29% ( yr 12 rn ) and not going to lie I have missed one whole week of school in the beginning because I caught a fever and had food poisoning. But even after that when I'd be in school there would be days when I'd be marked as absent even though I was present and I'd ask my teacher if she could change it but she didn't. So now I'm on a 3 week report for some reason and I'm a bit fed up with the whole thing already.

Basically my questions are how long would it take me to get up to 98% of attendance and do you think I should talk to the school about the days where they wrongly marked me as not in.

One last thing, do trips with the school affect your attendance as well?
Purplebottle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should defo talk to the school about marking you absent as that’s not right, they have to change it.

Trips dont affect attendance
Chani19
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Purplebottle)
You should defo talk to the school about marking you absent as that’s not right, they have to change it.

Trips dont affect attendance
Thank you so much for replying, I'm honestly kinda worried about it because I don't want to be viewed negatively by teachers due to my attendance. I think your reply gave me a bit of hope 😅.
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Trips shouldn’t affect your attendance, but you might not be marked in if you don’t remind all of your teachers about it.
You should definitely go though your attendance with someone from school if you think there are wrong marks. Whenever you miss a lesson with a valid reason eg. a trip it’s a good idea to check your teachers have marked you in as soon as possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.18%
Labour (443)
42.47%
Liberal Democrats (202)
19.37%
Green Party (54)
5.18%
Brexit Party (28)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)