Report 1 week ago
Fuel costs tho...
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jarreds)
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone does this. I love driving and find it so relaxing, and just love the planning and thinking involved in driving 😂. I’ve recently found myself going on road trips by myself to clear the mind or just for a bit of fun, does anyone else do this?
As I’m a bit of an aviation enthusiast i find myself driving to airports and do a bit of spotting, Im from Cardiff in Wales and have driven to Heathrow and Bristol and Cardiff airport, but I just love driving to all places to be fair. Does anyone else do similar?
Good music, calm traffic and I could drive for miles and not get bored haha
:five:

I love driving too - but only long-distance, not commuting and definitely not to London!

I once drove from Land's End and back in one session. I would recommend driving to the Isle of Skye on the Skye Bridge if you have a few days to spare - go in the Summer if you wanted long days and a low(er) risk of rain!

The further I have driven is to Barcelona.

I also like car ferries (if they don't take too long! Went on the Liverpool - Belfast ferry and it took 8 hours :cry2: )

*Note: I went with other people, so technically not going by myself - but I was the driver for the majority of time!
Last edited by ecolier; 1 week ago
Jarreds
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ThirdBack)
Fuel costs tho...
Yep I know but I just love driving 😂 I currently have a Peugeot 107 so it’s pretty good on fuel and costs around £30 for a full tank
Kaspar Ambühl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
don't drive but I do the same on my road bike. I love planning long 100km+ trips and just spending a full day in the saddle out on the roads and the country side. great way to explore. similar to you, it clears my mind and is actually relaxing.
Jarreds
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
:five:

I love driving too - but only long-distance, not commuting and definitely not to London!

I once drove from Land's End and back in one session. I would recommend driving to the Isle of Skye on the Skye Bridge if you have a few days to spare - go in the Summer if you wanted long days and a low(er) risk of rain!

The further I have driven is to Barcelona.

I also like car ferries (if they don't take too long! Went on the Liverpool - Belfast ferry and it took 8 hours :cry2: )
I haven’t actually driven into central London just to Heathrow which isn’t too bad. I love driving long distances as well
Jarreds
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaspar Ambühl)
don't drive but I do the same on my road bike. I love planning long 100km+ trips and just spending a full day in the saddle out on the roads and the country side. great way to explore. similar to you, it clears my mind and is actually relaxing.
Yep the planning and thinking involved in planning the trip just makes me even more excited haha
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jarreds)
I haven’t actually driven into central London just to Heathrow which isn’t too bad. I love driving long distances as well
If you were driving a few years ago, the fuel was so much cheaper that it made driving (for recreation) much more palatable. There were also less cars on the roads back then, and none of this "smart motorways" malarky.

I think it was < £1 per litre briefly in 2014 / 2015; but I was luckily enough to have driven when it was even cheaper, at 83.9p per litre back in the late 2000s.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (4)
28.57%
Spring (1)
7.14%
Autumn/Fall (4)
28.57%
Winter (4)
28.57%
I love them all equally (1)
7.14%