How do you find work experience when you want to go into medicine? Watch

hannah.abcdefg
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So I want to go into medicine or dentristy in uni. I’ve heard work experience is one of the main criteria’s to get in. I genuinely don’t know how to approuch who and how to go about it. If anyone could help it would be great including how you managed to get work experience or what would be the best places to work at . Thanks
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by hannah.abcdefg)
So I want to go into medicine or dentristy in uni. I’ve heard work experience is one of the main criteria’s to get in. I genuinely don’t know how to approuch who and how to go about it. If anyone could help it would be great including how you managed to get work experience or what would be the best places to work at . Thanks
Interestingly, in the last few days there have been multiple threads about this - so start with just browsing the threads in the forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=684

There is a thread created for questions like yours: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=568666

If you haven't had any luck after contacting your GP or hospital, come back and tell us what / who you have tried and we will advise. It's not supposed to be easy! Sometimes I think that even the application process itself is designed to make you reconsider whether you want to enroll in this career or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (207)
53.63%
18-20 years old (no) (49)
12.69%
20-25 years old (yes) (59)
15.28%
20-25 years old (no) (8)
2.07%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
6.22%