fletch.abby
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I sent off my written work about half an hour ago, my teacher had scanned it in and sent it to me and a couple of lines at the bottom of each page had been cut off- I spent a while stressing about this but then, after emailing it to the college with an explanation as to why some lines have been cut off, I realised that the cover sheets haven't been stamped by my college (sixth form)! What do I do??? Is the stamp really important? Should I call admissions on Monday and explain, or should I get my college to call and explain or should I resend my application past the deadline? I'm so stressed; please help
Last edited by fletch.abby; 3 days ago
rwhitaker1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Oh, that's a conundrum! I can practically guarantee, however, that you're not the first person who's done this. Do call admissions but also scan it again with the stamp and the missing lines asap ready to send as a replacement. I'm sure they'll be understanding as you tried to get it in on time.

If worst comes to worst, also ask a teacher to ring in for you as well. I'm sure they'd be willing to and it may help to have an official-sounding, firm teacher explaining what happened and how it wasn't your fault.

Out of curiosity, did your college just handle the entire thing? I was basically told by mine to sort it out myself, and I had to go around chasing up the stamp and scanning it in my own time. It may be a good idea to suggest to your college to leave it to students in future––if your college can't even get stamping the cover sheet right, it's not necessarily something they should be trusted with.

Good luck and do update on how it goes!
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I’m surprised you didn’t prepare the work and the photocopying by yourself. Leaving it to the fate of teachers seems like such a risk that you didn’t need to take.
Last edited by Deggs_14; 2 days ago
fletch.abby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by rwhitaker1)
Oh, that's a conundrum! I can practically guarantee, however, that you're not the first person who's done this. Do call admissions but also scan it again with the stamp and the missing lines asap ready to send as a replacement. I'm sure they'll be understanding as you tried to get it in on time.

If worst comes to worst, also ask a teacher to ring in for you as well. I'm sure they'd be willing to and it may help to have an official-sounding, firm teacher explaining what happened and how it wasn't your fault.

Out of curiosity, did your college just handle the entire thing? I was basically told by mine to sort it out myself, and I had to go around chasing up the stamp and scanning it in my own time. It may be a good idea to suggest to your college to leave it to students in future––if your college can't even get stamping the cover sheet right, it's not necessarily something they should be trusted with.

Thank you, I'll call get college to call them early monday morning as well as get the sheets stamped and rescanned, i guess i don't really have any other choice :') College did leave it to us, but i was told by my teacher who signed the cover sheets to get a tutor to stamp and scan it, so i went to find my tutor to stamp it, but she evidently only scanned it. Ah, i was just so busy the past few days i completely forgot to check it had been stamped. Surely the stamp is just for authentication, which they can get verbally if they call my college. I hope things get solved :,)
fletch.abby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
I’m surprised you didn’t prepare the work and the photocopying by yourself. Leaving it to the fate of teachers seems like such a risk that you didn’t need to take.
I prepared the work myself, got the sheets signed etc etc but i was told to get it scanned as a PDF and stamped by a tutor so that's what i did. I should definitely have done it earlier but i was very preoccupied and to be honest it just slipped my mind, im paying for it now though in terms of stress haha
fletch.abby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 19 hours ago
(Original post by rwhitaker1)

As an update- everything's fine now I called and explained what happened and they told me this sort of thing happens often so I just got my sheet stamped, rescanned it and emailed it again today. I got a reply confirming that they received it so all is good, it's nice to know they're understanding.
rwhitaker1
Rep:
?
Report 3 hours ago
Congratulations! Glad it all worked out okay Out of curiosity, which college are you applying to?
fletch.abby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 50 minutes ago
Hertford
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Are you registered to vote?