tmattey03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi!

I'm currently working full-time after doing a Masters but thinking of going into teacher training (SCITT). However, I can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether the bursaries are means tested, what the requirements are and how to apply, any help would be great.

Thank you!
tmattey03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi!I'm currently working full time after doing a Masters a few years agobut I'm now thinking of going into teacher training (SCITT specifically). However, I can't seem to find a straight up to date answer on if the bursaries are means tested as I will be supporting myself. I know there is the salaried option but there's only one in my area compared to a few others. If you guys could help that would be great thank you! Also, I'm not clear on how to then apply for the bursary?Thank you!
airfixfighter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tmattey03)
Hi!I'm currently working full time after doing a Masters a few years agobut I'm now thinking of going into teacher training (SCITT specifically). However, I can't seem to find a straight up to date answer on if the bursaries are means tested as I will be supporting myself. I know there is the salaried option but there's only one in my area compared to a few others. If you guys could help that would be great thank you! Also, I'm not clear on how to then apply for the bursary?Thank you!
Bursaries aren't means tested, student loan is. You can have both! 😊
Traveller97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://getintoteaching.education.go...acher-training

Has all the info you need!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (203)
19.13%
Labour (449)
42.32%
Liberal Democrats (208)
19.6%
Green Party (54)
5.09%
Brexit Party (28)
2.64%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (16)
1.51%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.94%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)