The Student Room Group

Next of kin

Quick question for anyone who can advice me.....my dad has just passed 2days ago I've had the police notify me that I was named next of kin to him being the eldest son.I went round to his property for one last memory and was refused entry by his 2 sisters emptying the house i didn't want anyone to touch nothing till after the coroner report do I not have any rights to stop this or gain access ?thanks Ian
Did you father leave a will naming you his executor?
Did his sisters share his home and live with him when he was alive?
They really shouldn't be removing items from his home until his death certificate and probate have both been issued.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Did you father leave a will naming you his executor?
Did his sisters share his home and live with him when he was alive?
They really shouldn't be removing items from his home until his death certificate and probate have both been issued.

I believe so the police knocked on my door saying my dad had passed and I was the next of kin named he did by live with none of them he lived on his own for 24 years and only 2sons me being the eldest
Original post by Bezpound
I believe so the police knocked on my door saying my dad had passed and I was the next of kin named he did by live with none of them he lived on his own for 24 years and only 2sons me being the eldest

They are not allowed to touch anything - it's also disrespectful if he's not even buried yet. Do you have anyone who would help you? You might need to go back to the Police to get the house secured.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
They are not allowed to touch anything - it's also disrespectful if he's not even buried yet. Do you have anyone who would help you? You might need to go back to the Police to get the house secured.

Not being aloud don't stop my nasty heartless family they untreated in only one thing anything of worth a value.. am heart broken they've got each other i lost the only one dad i had so angry thanks muttley79 ,😥😥need to try find me feet and head to deal with this correctly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending