Lgriff0801
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i want to take extended diploma in health and social? what’s it like? should i do it?!
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lgriff0801)
i want to take extended diploma in health and social? what’s it like? should i do it?!
Health and social care is a great course if you want to go into a careers such as nursing; midwifery; social work; radiotherapy and so many other careers revolving around care.

There’s a lot of work involved in an extended diploma because it’s equates to three a levels. You will be expected to do both exams and coursework, however, there’s more coursework in comparison to exams luckily.

The course also enforces work experience which is normally 200 hours throughout both years, if you do not complete 200 hours of W/E you don’t pass the qualification.

What are your current career aspirations?
Last edited by Hazelly; 1 year ago
Lgriff0801
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Health and social care is a great course if you want to go into a careers such as nursing; midwifery; social work; radiotherapy and so many other careers revolving around care.

There’s a lot of work involved in an extended diploma because it’s equates to three a levels. You will be expected to do both exams and coursework, however, there’s more coursework in comparison to exams luckily.

The course also enforces work experience which is normally 200 hours throughout both years, if you do not complete 200 hours of W/E you don’t pass the qualification.

What are your current career aspirations?
i want to become a dementia or cancer nurse, i was just wondering whether anyone who has taken it regretted it
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lgriff0801)
i want to become a dementia or cancer nurse, i was just wondering whether anyone who has taken it regretted it
Why would they regret it?
Lgriff0801
Rep:
?
i’m just stressed because all the education choices up till now i regretted 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads