Why are the younger generation not wearing poppies? Watch

DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by OR321)
yeah.... I think wearing a poppy and agreeing with hitter are two very different situations
Argumentum ad populum remains a logical fallacy regardless of the analogy used to explain it.
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Argumentum ad populum remains a logical fallacy regardless of the analogy used to explain it.
Yeah, I didn’t understand a word you just said 😂😂
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by OR321)
Yeah, I didn’t understand a word you just said 😂😂
Translation: "Just because people agree with you doesn't make you right".
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by fireballxray)
Being in my early 20's and i've always paid my respects to the fallen, i can't quite understand why people don't wear the poppy in England?

Im at Uni and i'm the only guy in my class and not a single girl wears the poppy, yet when it's pride month they're all wearing LGQBT stuff (not that i have anything against that). It just seems weird that these people will celebrate and pay their respects to one thing but not the other?

I feel people are completely and utterly out of touch with quite big things. The younger generation feel the older generation are out of touch with the environment because it won't affect them, and they find it stupid that they think that.

Its the same for the younger generation when it comes to paying their respect to the fallen, due to not having a connection or that it was in the pass.

The reason i wear the poppy is to remember all that have fallen, past, present and in the future.

Wear the poppy with pride people, these people experienced the closest simulation of hell in their final moments.
In your answer to them not wearing a poppy but choosing to wear pride colours, it’s simply down to political correctness
Tenya Iida
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i shouldnt be going on debate threads this early in morning i just think tht poppies r fiddly and thts why i dont wear them but something tells me ive dropped on in the middle of something
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
In your answer to them not wearing a poppy but choosing to wear pride colours, it’s simply down to political correctness
oh wow wouldnt be a tsr debate without taking a dump on the lgbt community
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tenya Iida)
Not at all what he's done. Don't read two posts of a 110 post thread and assume you know what's going on.
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
holy **** youre not gonna believe this but im actually wearing poppies right now. i forgot what shirt i was wearing but its the one with the poppy pattern. who would have thunk
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No, it is down to what people for feel more passionately about.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m not though, it’s true! I’m not going to discriminate but what I’m saying that it’s politically correct to celebrate pride even if your not part of the community
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Not at all what he's done. Don't read two posts of a 110 post thread and assume you know what's going on.
the person i am responding to literally said ppl wearing pride colours is political correctness i dont see where im making a mistake here
edit give me a second to response to the response i got
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Because I don't need to wear one to show off and boast about how respectful I am. I can remember them without showing any outward signs of it. Also, effort to go out of my way to find a poppy stall, they're practically non-existent now.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
the person i am responding to literally said ppl wearing pride colours is political correctness i dont see where im making a mistake here
edit give me a second to response to the response i got
No he didn't.

You're (deliberately?) misreading it to earn faux outrage points.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nowadays it is politically correct to do so and to always accept them, I wear a poppy out of respect and endearment because I have family members who died in the wars and I know people who have served in Afghanistan, Iraq and the troubles, wearing a poppy is about respecting and acknowledging those who have served in the armed forces and not just died
Last edited by Greywolftwo; 3 months ago
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Because I don't need to wear one to show off and boast about how respectful I am. I can remember them without showing any outward signs of it. Also, effort to go out of my way to find a poppy stall, they're practically non-existent now.
So make one? I see lots of people with homemade poppies for this exact reason
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m not though, it’s true! I’m not going to discriminate but what I’m saying that it’s politically correct to celebrate pride even if your not part of the community
im so used to seeing 'politcally correct' used as 'SLANDER THE SJWS' so if thats not what you meant i apologise for jumping and im struggling to respond to this because 'some people are actual allies during pride and some people are perfomative' is not a convo for this thread
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It’s not about boasting and showing off, don’t know where you got that from
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Even more effort and as I said, unnecessary.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Even more effort and as I said, unnecessary.
Well it’s respectful, this just shows your character and attitude to such matters
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
you really think everyone has the energy to do crafts? i mean, i do sometimes (still wouldnt wear one for the reasons i stated and definetely wouldnt wear a homemade one because upon breaking it or losing it i would sob uncontrollably. i care so much for the stuff i make when i have the energy to do it) but.... some ppl really dont
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (431)
58.64%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.44%
No- I want it (214)
29.12%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.8%

Watched Threads