Why are the younger generation not wearing poppies? Watch

username4977980
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by R_Zamo360)
ok but there were countless people who emigrated when they had the chance those who stayed could have left long ago
Yes because its that easy to just pack up and go isn't it?
R_Zamo360
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AJ126y)
Yes because its that easy to just pack up and go isn't it?
no but if your desparate to go you would
R_Zamo360
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no but if your desparate to go you would
i dont agree on the civilian bombing in the wars but that doesnt mean that the germans were right to fight the war.
Mareenaj
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nalk1573)
They think the poppy is a smartphone app.
Ok boomer
EpicChefUK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well in the silence today at school a lot of us were wearing poppies: prefects do come around to tutor groups and my tutor sent the school a message on the Firefly, so a lot of people had them.
R_Zamo360
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by OR321)
We can remember without wearing a Poppy ya know.......
the poppy is the official symbol of the rememberance act, also it shows that you have made charity toward the royal british legoin, as all the money made from it goes to the veterans. ¬-¬
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the poppy is the official symbol of the rememberance act, also it shows that you have made charity toward the royal british legoin, as all the money made from it goes to the veterans. ¬-¬
You can choose not to take the poppy
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How do you know that those who aren’t wearing one, have donated in a different way??
R_Zamo360
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yh i know but it is also symbolic, and a confirmation on your donation
Boredman6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sometimes people just forget to wear one.....
Sometimes there's better ways to respect army guys, I had a army guy (very old man) who fought in WW2 living right next door to me who I used to help out abit (helping fix a pipe or whatever) and I thanked him for being the brave guy he was.

Some guys who wear poppies just wear poppies for the sake of it without any true meaning or respect.

I see lawyers wearing poppies for example and I remember the army guy who lived next door to me was getting harranged with letters by a lawyers firm for some unpaid cowboy building work. It stressed him terrible and I even phoned the firm and told them and they said 'i understand but'
econhelp525
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ok but there were countless people who emigrated when they had the chance those who stayed could have left long ago
What a stupid victim blaming argument. You should be ashamed.
JWatch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fireballxray)
Being in my early 20's and i've always paid my respects to the fallen, i can't quite understand why people don't wear the poppy in England?

The reason i wear the poppy is to remember all that have fallen, past, present and in the future.

Wear the poppy with pride people, these people experienced the closest simulation of hell in their final moments.
I never wear a poppy. Those people experienced hell because they were forced into a war by the ruling classes who were perfectly happy to start a war but preferred others to go and die on their behalf. After the dust had settled on that devastating chapter in human history we said never again. The poppy was to be the symbol of lost lives and a warning on the horrors of war. But here we are a century later and it's still happening. Tony Blair started a war against Iraq, sacrificing British soldiers so that him and his buddies could seize control of Iraqi resources. Every day the mainstream media pushes more lies about the Iranian and Syrian governments to try and drum up support for military action against them. We can wear poppies if we want but if we keep allowing the government to start wars which end up killing our lads, the entire point of the poppy as a symbol is lost.
Last edited by JWatch; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (63)
31.98%
No I don't (97)
49.24%
I work during the holidays (37)
18.78%

Watched Threads