Can I get a Nokia 6500 Slide unlocked? Watch

Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Following on from my PAYG thread, my partner has offered his contract phone (as he doesn't like the phone and has another his contract sim can go in).

I have, dug out from the very very depths of my wardobe, an old PAYG o2 sim. However, I've heard rumours that some of the newer Nokia's can't be unlocked.

Is this true? If so, is it true for the 6500 Slide (Previously on 3)
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, but for £209.09!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-6500-S...5440753&sr=8-5
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by h82think)
Yes, but for £209.09!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-6500-S...5440753&sr=8-5
That totally wasn't what I was asking. :P

I have the phone, but it's currently locked to 3, and I need to get it unlocked if it's going to work. :P
AnythingButChardonnay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Normally if you take it to the shop of whichever phone operator you are with, with your sim and locked phone, they will do their best to unlock the phone and make it work.
Makaveli_The_Don
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can get it unlocked, if you know a place where someone unlocks phones you will be able to get it unlocked. At first you couldn't unlock the new nokias, but now there is a way to unlock them.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
Normally if you take it to the shop of whichever phone operator you are with, with your sim and locked phone, they will do their best to unlock the phone and make it work.
Won't 3 find it a bit suspicious if I pitch up with the phone and an 02 sim card? xD
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
You can get it unlocked, if you know a place where someone unlocks phones you will be able to get it unlocked. At first you couldn't unlock the new nokias, but now there is a way to unlock them.
I do know places, but the city is miles away and I didn't want to have to travel all the way in to be told the phone couldn't be unlocked.
Makaveli_The_Don
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
I do know places, but the city is miles away and I didn't want to have to travel all the way in to be told the phone couldn't be unlocked.
Try using this then.
http://www.peters1.dk/unlock/nokia/online.php?sprog=en
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
Try using this then.
http://www.peters1.dk/unlock/nokia/online.php?sprog=en
doesn't have 3 as a provider. =/
Makaveli_The_Don
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Won't 3 find it a bit suspicious if I pitch up with the phone and an 02 sim card? xD
No, nothing wrong with it, I've previously had two 3 phones. One is now on Vodafone the other o2.
AnythingButChardonnay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think (:confused:) I meant take it to an O2 shop, presuming you want to use the phone with them as your provider.
I'm not expressing myself very well today, sorry.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That totally wasn't what I was asking. :P

I have the phone, but it's currently locked to 3, and I need to get it unlocked if it's going to work. :P
Oops, apologies
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by h82think)
Oops, apologies
No, it's ok. xD
Makaveli_The_Don
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just remembered how I unlocked one of my phones from 3; Nokia 6630, a while back. If you give 3 a call and tell them you won't to unlock your phone, they will do it for about £15. After you've paid them, they will send you a code after a few days (mine took 15 days to come :|) you type the code into your phone and it should be unlocked.
Samio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went into Carphone Warehouse and asked them to unlock my phone and they refused. Had to take it onto the market and get some dodgey guy to do it.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Right. I've been told today...

(By a guy in a one-man-business phone shop) Yes it can be done, but his equipment isn't working today.
(By a guy in another phone shop) No, it can't be done at all.
(By 3) It can't be done until the contract the phone is linked to (He checked the IMEI, I think?) has expired.

SO ANNOYED.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.32%
No - but I will (74)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (69)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (475)
48.17%

Watched Threads