MuhamaryK
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey my name is Muhamary, a year 11 pupil who got shortlisted for the Orwell Award at Eton College. I was just wondering if I could speak to a previous recipient or an Eton pupil.
Iest
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello Muhamary,
I was considering applying but I only found out about the Orwell Award a few days ago and the deadline has already passed. What stages have everyone completed already and do you think I would still have a chance if I contacted them now describing my situation (I’m also in year 11, from a state school)
Regards
Iestyn
DarkShadow101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MuhamaryK)
Hey my name is Muhamary, a year 11 pupil who got shortlisted for the Orwell Award at Eton College. I was just wondering if I could speak to a previous recipient or an Eton pupil.
Hi Muhamary, i also got shortlisted aswell. Are you going this sunday?
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
(Original post by DarkShadow101)
Yh I am
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
Yh I am
not to sound creepy but what your name?
DarkShadow101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
not to sound creepy but what your name?
aha dw its mahid. where abouts are you coming from? For the interviews have you done any prep? Cuz i literally have no idea what to do lool.
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
aha dw its mahid. where abouts are you coming from? For the interviews have you done any prep? Cuz i literally have no idea what to do lool.
Oh hey Mahid, my name Muhamary and I’m coming from Dagenham
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
Oh hey Mahid, my name Muhamary and I’m coming from Dagenham
Where are you coming from?
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
Where are you coming from?
Looking forward to it tomorrow?
DarkShadow101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Looking forward to it tomorrow?
I thought it starts on sunday- wednesday? Anyways not really, im just keen on what the exams will be like. Odd question but what are you going to wear when you go there?
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
I thought it starts on sunday- wednesday? Anyways not really, im just keen on what the exams will be like. Odd question but what are you going to wear when you go there?
Yh me too. Really wanna see the exams. It I don’t think they’ll be that hard. Just don’t stress. Ngl but I dunno just started packing today. Prob a suit
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
You pretty smart?
DarkShadow101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You pretty smart?
Umm i mean, getting shortlisted into eton could suggest that i am. But compared to others that are going, probably not lool. I'd say im a maths guy- not really into my englishes. What about yourself?
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
Umm i mean, getting shortlisted into eton could suggest that i am. But compared to others that are going, probably not lool. I'd say im a maths guy- not really into my englishes. What about yourself?
Im into maths myself but the sciences is where I excel the most. I mean I’m ok with maths pretty good at it but I guess I have to be in order to do the sciences
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
Look forward to meeting you mahid! Yoir parents must be very proud. Kinda awkward talking with rivals 😂😂 but I mean hopefully we both get in
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
You pretty smart?
What you choosing for a level?
DarkShadow101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Look forward to meeting you mahid! Yoir parents must be very proud. Kinda awkward talking with rivals 😂😂 but I mean hopefully we both get in
Aha, look forward to see you to. Hopefully, we both do get in!
DarkShadow101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What you choosing for a level?
I've decided to choose Maths,Chem,Bio and Physics. Im thinking of doing an AS in physics because i've heard 4 a levels is tough but at the same time its eton uno ahah. What about yourself?
MuhamaryK
Rep:
?
I've decided to choose Maths,Chem,Bio and Physics. Im thinking of doing an AS in physics because i've heard 4 a levels is tough but at the same time its eton uno ahah. What about yourself?
Maths guy with no further maths 😂😂😂. Personally I don’t know. I have five interviews. Maths, physics, chem, further maths, and computer science. Im probabaly gonna do 4 from the cluster. I have no ideas how as and a level works. aha
DarkShadow101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maths guy with no further maths 😂😂😂. Personally I don’t know. I have five interviews. Maths, physics, chem, further maths, and computer science. Im probabaly gonna do 4 from the cluster. I have no ideas how as and a level works. aha
Well i was going to do further maths but i decided not to, only because i wanted to study a range of different subjects cuz i enjoy them lool. Yeah same, i have no idea what each of them do/are. For the interviews tho, have you revised for them eg do u think they are going to be knowledge-based or just general questions like why do u want to do this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.06%
No (69)
11.6%
I'm not old enough (246)
41.34%

Watched Threads