The Student Room Group

RAF OASC - 2019 December

Hi all,

I have my RAF OASC booked in January. I know it has changed from a 3 day event to a 1 day exercise. I was wondering if anyone has taken part in the new OASC and has any tips on how it works and may be different to the previous 3 day trial?

I already know what to expect test wise such as:
Leadership exercise
Leader less exercise
Group discussion
Group planning
Individual planning

Any sort of advice would be great!

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by George_bell98
Hi all,

I have my RAF OASC booked in January. I know it has changed from a 3 day event to a 1 day exercise. I was wondering if anyone has taken part in the new OASC and has any tips on how it works and may be different to the previous 3 day trial?

Leadership exercise
Leader less exercise
Group discussion
Group planning
Individual planning

Thank you.

There are a number of threads on the new one day process, with people's feedback and advice, if you have a look from those you'd get a good idea of the various bits.
Hi all,

Leadership exercise
Leader less exercise
Group discussion
Group planning
Individual planning

Thank you.

Congrats on getting through to OASC and good luck for January! :smile:

I hope you don't mind me asking how long the wait was between completing your fitness test and recieving your OASC invite? My partner is waiting for his invite and so far it's been 3 weeks with no news.

Thanks!!
Original post by Lizzie2ne
Congrats on getting through to OASC and good luck for January! :smile:

I hope you don't mind me asking how long the wait was between completing your fitness test and recieving your OASC invite? My partner is waiting for his invite and so far it's been 3 weeks with no news.

Thanks!!

Hey!

No problem at all I had to wait for about a month until I received my date for my OASC. They give you plenty of time in advance to prepare! For instance I completed my fitness in September, recieved a date in October and had my OASC in January.

If nothing comes through just try calling your local AFCO to see if they know what's going on. I was told though that this is the longest part of the whole process as there is a lot of waiting before the test and afterwards.

I hope this helps! I wish him good luck!
Reply 4
Hi all,

Leadership exercise
Leader less exercise
Group discussion
Group planning
Individual planning

Thank you.

How did it go with OASC? What was it all about please share the experience. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest