Creating commerce site Watch

Addy88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi

I have created commerce sites in the past using OScommerce but now I want to be able to create one myself build everything from scratch as i want to start up my own website selling products

I could always go with templates but I want to create my own look rather then having a prebuilt one

So can anyone give me some advice of what I need and how i should go about doing this
wizz_kid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Addy88)
Hi

I have created commerce sites in the past using OScommerce but now I want to be able to create one myself build everything from scratch as i want to start up my own website selling products

I could always go with templates but I want to create my own look rather then having a prebuilt one

So can anyone give me some advice of what I need and how i should go about doing this

hmmm...i was thinking like u as well but it is sooooo time consuming that i gave up as u need more than one person to do it. I am not tryin to put u off though!

Anways, if u really want to make one yourself then i would say learn php which is an open source language. Once u have mastered it, learn mysql and learn how to integrate mysql with php and you will be fine.

Thats the way i did it (didnt manage to finish it though!)

Good luck!
Sports Racer
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
If all you want is your own look, get CRELoaded and tweak it so it looks and behaves just like you want.

My friend did just this. From looking at the website you wouldn't know it was OSC or CRE and it turns over half a million. Not bad going.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
You should be concentrating more on marketing your site then spending hours making your own script which is pretty damn pointless considering you can mod ready made scripts to look completely different.
Addy88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have learn a lot of php recently but mysql i know a little

Il have a look at the CRELoaded for now

Thanks for the help
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Addy88)
Hi

If you plan to start your own ecommerce business, that's the key reason why you should not try to build your own system. Your business will depend on having a reliable bug-free system. If you indulge your inner hobbyist by trying to reinvent the wheel when there are dozens of great pre-built solutions available, your profits will suffer for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads