The Student Room Group

Bad date with Brexit supporter

I recently took a break from working 80-90 hrs a week and just focused more on my health and life. I met this girl on Hinge, and while I wasn't super attracted to her, I also haven't gone on a date in many years. Thus, I said "what the hell" and went on a date with her. That was a big mistake.

From the moment we sat down, she starts talking politics. Oh no. She tells me she's a major Brexit supporter, which isn't an absolute deal breaker, but when I asked her why she supported him, she said "I like what it's doing with the minorities." Now, mind you, I'm ASIAN, so I'm just cringing super hard and chuckling awkwardly to prevent a full on verbal assault.

Then she starts talking to me about the penises that she's seen. She tells me that Asian guys have pretty small penises and that she hopes my "pecker" isn't too small. Now, I don't think I'm a small guy, but it definitely made me feel very insecure and a bit curious as to what the hell is wrong with her. I quickly changed the topic to pets to avoid another awkward conversation.

Finally, as we're leaving the restaurant, she tells me about how guys who participate in gangbangs/threesomes are all gay because they like the sight of other men's cocks. This was not a topic that I was well versed in, so I made another effort to change the conversation. She then tells me out of nowhere that she doesn't like gay guys, and that's why she'll never participate in a threesome with two guys. At that point, I just wanted to get away from her, so I nodded and smiled at everything she said.

As we're getting in our separate cars to leave, she starts smoking a cigarette and then kisses me on the mouth. It wasn't great. She notices my grimace and laughs and says "my daughter doesn't like me kissing her either when I'm smoking". This was a real shocker considering we are both somewhat young, and her profile had no sign of any kids. I quickly said goodbye to her and drove home to take a stiff drink. Now I see why people say dating can be so exhausting. Weeding through the list of incompatible people is herculean, and the ones who find their soulmates quickly are truly blessed.

Has Brexit just brought out all the horrid people, or is dating now poisoned by Brexit?

Scroll to see replies

Jesus christ m8 bloody hell it kept on getting worse all the way to the end

Moral of this thread: when you find someone you feel really compatible with, treat them like they're most precious
Original post by Anonymous
I recently took a break from working 80-90 hrs a week and just focused more on my health and life. I met this girl on Hinge, and while I wasn't super attracted to her, I also haven't gone on a date in many years. Thus, I said "what the hell" and went on a date with her. That was a big mistake.

From the moment we sat down, she starts talking politics. Oh no. She tells me she's a major Brexit supporter, which isn't an absolute deal breaker, but when I asked her why she supported him, she said "I like what it's doing with the minorities." Now, mind you, I'm ASIAN, so I'm just cringing super hard and chuckling awkwardly to prevent a full on verbal assault.

Then she starts talking to me about the penises that she's seen. She tells me that Asian guys have pretty small penises and that she hopes my "pecker" isn't too small. Now, I don't think I'm a small guy, but it definitely made me feel very insecure and a bit curious as to what the hell is wrong with her. I quickly changed the topic to pets to avoid another awkward conversation.

Finally, as we're leaving the restaurant, she tells me about how guys who participate in gangbangs/threesomes are all gay because they like the sight of other men's cocks. This was not a topic that I was well versed in, so I made another effort to change the conversation. She then tells me out of nowhere that she doesn't like gay guys, and that's why she'll never participate in a threesome with two guys. At that point, I just wanted to get away from her, so I nodded and smiled at everything she said.

As we're getting in our separate cars to leave, she starts smoking a cigarette and then kisses me on the mouth. It wasn't great. She notices my grimace and laughs and says "my daughter doesn't like me kissing her either when I'm smoking". This was a real shocker considering we are both somewhat young, and her profile had no sign of any kids. I quickly said goodbye to her and drove home to take a stiff drink. Now I see why people say dating can be so exhausting. Weeding through the list of incompatible people is herculean, and the ones who find their soulmates quickly are truly blessed.

Has Brexit just brought out all the horrid people, or is dating now poisoned by Brexit?

:eek:
Why are you posting on anonymous?

You dodged a bullet, I can't help pitying her daughter's father.
Plenty of online potential for finding a weirdo or creep to date. :biggrin:
Before and after Brexit.

Hope the date didn't cost you too much money.
My last date was worse than yours, I ended up paying for everyone plus giving him a 'loan'.
He remembered to bring his mother, forgot his wallet and didn't seem to have any manners.
Reply 4
wow. i feel bad for you dude
So when's the second date?
JFC :gasp:
Reply 7
This isn't a real story... i don't believe it
Wow, she sounds like a right hoot.

Why people bring politics into dating talk is beyond me, the majority of the time it ends up being a bad idea.
Original post by londonmyst
Why are you posting on anonymous?

You dodged a bullet, I can't help pitying her daughter's father.
Plenty of online potential for finding a weirdo or creep to date. :biggrin:
Before and after Brexit.

Hope the date didn't cost you too much money.
My last date was worse than yours, I ended up paying for everyone plus giving him a 'loan'.
He remembered to bring his mother, forgot his wallet and didn't seem to have any manners.

You gave him a loan??
Original post by Wired_1800
You gave him a loan??

I gave him the money he wanted to 'borrow' and told him he could keep it.
Hoped it would encourage him to lose my number.
you're a really good story teller, the segway from small penises to pets was especially funny. I guess before you meet up just ask a few vital questions to avoid the complete nutcases.
I gave him the money he wanted to 'borrow' and told him he could keep it.
Hoped it would encourage him to lose my number.

I doubt he would have lost your number. He would have been thinking “wifey”.

That was a bit messed up though.
I doubt he would have lost your number. He would have been thinking “wifey”.

That was a bit messed up though.

He lost my number all right.
Alas his mother had it on speed dial. :tongue:
She liked me.
He lost my number all right.
Alas his mother had it on speed dial. :tongue:
She liked me.

Oh lol. Prob wanted you for her nutty son.
Oh lol. Prob wanted you for her nutty son.

I promise to laugh too when your date brings her father along and you have to date the pair of them. :tongue:
Or better still attempt an escape through a window or back door, break a leg on the way down and end up in hospital for a week. :biggrin:
This happened to a friend who had fled in panic at the sight of her date's pet iguana.
Why is this anonymous? Sounds more like a cut and paste.

She sounds like my kind of gal! :crazy:

It's too bad I'm spoken for at the moment, or I'd be asking if you could point her in my direction.

If I had had the same date as you, I wouldn't have taken anything she said seriously. I'd have been laughing with her a lot. Laughing with her. Not at her.

And for the kiss at the end, I'd have tried to turn that into a kiss and a cuddle. As the least I could do to thank her for an entertaining evening.

All of which goes to show that one man's meat is another man's poison.

Which is all fine. Vive la difference - and all that.

I don't think Hinge.com will be using that experience to advertise their services in the New Year :rofl:

She sounds grim.
I promise to laugh too when your date brings her father along and you have to date the pair of them. :tongue:
Or better still attempt an escape through a window or back door, break a leg on the way down and end up in hospital for a week. :biggrin:
This happened to a friend who had fled in panic at the sight of her date's pet iguana.

Oh, i did not mean to laugh at the situation. It was awful.

Wow, i hope your friend was not scarred from that experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending