Id love to get a first but I don’t believe in myself Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hiii helloo!

So I’d love to get it first and I am willing to work hard but I just don’t believe in myself. I don’t think I’m going to pass this year (I’m in year 2 studying psychology) even though I really enjoy my course and I really try. I never really get good grades, I always get the average grade (like a C) so I doubt I’ll get a first or a 2:1. Any tips? What should I be getting on my assignments to guarantee I’ll get a first or 2:1 this year?
Thank you ever so much in advance xx
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Nor does an apostrophe by the looks of it. She didn't make an appearance to come and cheer you on.

On a more serious note, believe in yourself and put in the work. Put in as much work as you can and the results will show. Good luck.
UKstarfleet
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hiii helloo!

So I’d love to get it first and I am willing to work hard but I just don’t believe in myself. I don’t think I’m going to pass this year (I’m in year 2 studying psychology) even though I really enjoy my course and I really try. I never really get good grades, I always get the average grade (like a C) so I doubt I’ll get a first or a 2:1. Any tips? What should I be getting on my assignments to guarantee I’ll get a first or 2:1 this year?
Thank you ever so much in advance xx
You'll need an overall 70% to get a first. What grades have you been receiving for your coursework?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by UKstarfleet)
You'll need an overall 70% to get a first. What grades have you been receiving for your coursework?
Last year, I’ve been getting mostly 50’s (a bit of 60’s and like I 72 here and there but that’s about it)

70% on every coursework and exam?
Anonymous #1
Nor does an apostrophe by the looks of it. She didn't make an appearance to come and cheer you on.

On a more serious note, believe in yourself and put in the work. Put in as much work as you can and the results will show. Good luck.
Thank youuu😂😓I’ll try my besssttt
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Thank youuu😂😓I’ll try my besssttt
I don't have advice to give because I am still doing A-levels really so not the best person to be giving any advice. However, like yourself recently I have been feeling really incompetent so I know how it feels. I was overthinking to the point where my brain literally hurt. Finally realised I should stop worrying and just do the work. Your effort is the input, the more there is of it, the better the output. If you think of it like that and cut out the self-doubt (which leaves you emotionally drained) then you should be fine. Anyways, good luck and I am sure people who are more suited to answer your question more practically will help you out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (56)
32.75%
Spring (32)
18.71%
Autumn/Fall (41)
23.98%
Winter (32)
18.71%
I love them all equally (10)
5.85%