Help! Watch

hamza_1986
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hey i need help for taptop because i want to partition my hard drive 2 part. one for window vista and other XP profesional. i had partition magic 8 but it couldn't work at all. do any of u guys know other to do it.
thankz
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't trust third party software with this personally, a lot can go wrong. Read this. I haven't tried it, but it uses MS software and looks like it could work well. Obviously I have no idea if it's going to work 100% with your computer specification, so it's at your own risk, and please backup your important documents if you haven't done so already.
Rob801
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you have vista or XP installed currently? If you're using vista it's a simple matter of using the built in partition manager, which lets you resize, create, delete, etc. partitions. On XP, the built in tool doesn't allow resizing of partitions so your best bet would be to download a linux live cd and use gparted, which is on most linux live cds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed