Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to speak to someone about my mental health issues and the issues I face with loneliness. All throughout school I've been cast aside and have had no group of friends, no one likes me. I have been made fun of, bullied and picked on since year 3 and I am now in year 12. I thought I had made friends in the current school I have been at since year 9 but they all told me that they were not friends with me so they don't add me to the whatsapp group and I don't know if they are making fun of me or talking about me. They also don't invite me to things even though I ask. I have a group of friends outside of school who I thought were my friends and accepted me but I feel so much pain inside when I see all of them together at parties or just hanging out and they are all there except me, for instance they are all going to someone's 18 (no drinking involved or drugs) but I wasn't invited and I've known this person since I could remember and my mum even taught her at primary. I'm so alone and I deal with it all the time and I want to talk to someone I just need to build up the courage to do so. I want to feel accepted by people and genuinely loved and cared for but I'm never going to have this
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go to your GP and speak to them. They can refer you on to therapy services. I'm sorry you're struggling so much. Be sure to tell your GP that you have been bullied and any other traumatic things (e.g. abuse, divorce, sudden death of a loved one, etc.) that you've experienced and the symptoms you're having. What makes things worse in terms of your symptoms and what makes things better too.

Be aware that some GPs aren't very good with mental health and may be dismissive, this is nothing to do with you. It is them. Don't let that deter you if it happens, see someone else within the practice.

Make sure when you're booking an appointment to ask for a double appointment (more time to talk!).

Take care and good luck.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Go to your GP and speak to them. They can refer you on to therapy services. I'm sorry you're struggling so much. Be sure to tell your GP that you have been bullied and any other traumatic things (e.g. abuse, divorce, sudden death of a loved one, etc.) that you've experienced and the symptoms you're having. What makes things worse in terms of your symptoms and what makes things better too.

Be aware that some GPs aren't very good with mental health and may be dismissive, this is nothing to do with you. It is them. Don't let that deter you if it happens, see someone else within the practice.

Make sure when you're booking an appointment to ask for a double appointment (more time to talk!).

Take care and good luck.
i have also had to deal with the death of a friend who took their own life
Anonymous #1

Take care and good luck.
They won't be able to help me find friends, the other group of friends outside of school, one person said they really loved me as their friend but then I see them at a party with the others and they are all there without me having a good time and I often feel betrayed.
Anonymous #1

Take care and good luck.
I think that I just have to face the fact that no one wants me and I'll have to live with being alone for the rest of my life
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm very sorry to hear that, I've also lost three friends to suicide. If you want to talk, feel free to drop me a message. I understand how distressing it is to deal with.

There is also r/suicidebereavement on Reddit that I use intermittently when I want to vent/talk about things amongst people who also have similar experiences and don't mind talking/listening.
boomboomb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm in Y13 and I went and spoke to a teacher I got on really well with, and am currently still in the process of dealing with them, as I was pretty scared of talking to someone about my mental health straight away who was a 'professional' or someone I didn't know that well (I just don't feel comfortable talking much in general).

Although they're not the best themselves in helping me they were pretty easy to talk to and referred me to some other people to talk to, and I can always email them or go see them at some point.
if you're not comfortable with going to a GP etc then this may be a good point to start with, I'm probably going to have to go to the GP anyway but it's just good for me to talk to someone I knew first
Anonymous #1
(Original post by boomboomb)
I'm in Y13 and I went and spoke to a teacher I got on really well with, and am currently still in the process of dealing with them, as I was pretty scared of talking to someone about my mental health straight away who was a 'professional' or someone I didn't know that well (I just don't feel comfortable talking much in general).

Although they're not the best themselves in helping me they were pretty easy to talk to and referred me to some other people to talk to, and I can always email them or go see them at some point.
if you're not comfortable with going to a GP etc then this may be a good point to start with, I'm probably going to have to go to the GP anyway but it's just good for me to talk to someone I knew first
I have talked to someone I know before and they were a massive help as I don't know where I would be now without them but it didn't last long and I didn't really want to tell them everything anyways to protect them in case something did happen and they felt guilty about not telling someone but they would've known the whole time
boomboomb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have talked to someone I know before and they were a massive help as I don't know where I would be now without them but it didn't last long and I didn't really want to tell them everything anyways to protect them in case something did happen and they felt guilty about not telling someone but they would've known the whole time
I know how you feel, I still don't want to tell them everything myself in case something happens to me and they feel bad for supposedly not doing enough to stop it

it's just good to talk to someone occasionally for me, and if I know I've got someone to talk to in a few days it can often help me through bad times I may be having before
Anonymous #1
I know how you feel, I still don't want to tell them everything myself in case something happens to me and they feel bad for supposedly not doing enough to stop it

it's just good to talk to someone occasionally for me, and if I know I've got someone to talk to in a few days it can often help me through bad times I may be having before
The thing is I don't want to feel guilty myself for bombarding them and feel like I am pestering them or a burden to them as they won't want to talk to me anymore or they may just think I'm a bit weird
boomboomb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The thing is I don't want to feel guilty myself for bombarding them and feel like I am pestering them or a burden to them as they won't want to talk to me anymore or they may just think I'm a bit weird
I know yeah, I have a friend who said I can talk to them anytime and I'll never be a burden but if I talk to them everytime I feel awful I'll be bombarding them and I really don't want to be irritating or push them away

if they know your situation it's easier than if they think you're alright
Anonymous #1
I know yeah, I have a friend who said I can talk to them anytime and I'll never be a burden but if I talk to them everytime I feel awful I'll be bombarding them and I really don't want to be irritating or push them away

if they know your situation it's easier than if they think you're alright
I guess yeah, I just need to get past feeling awful for asking them if I can talk or talking to them because I know that there is at least one person who really cares for me
boomboomb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I guess yeah, I just need to get past feeling awful for asking them if I can talk or talking to them because I know that there is at least one person who really cares for me
Well if they do really care for you I'm sure they'll be happy to talk and may even be able to point you in the right direction for more support
Anonymous #1
Well if they do really care for you I'm sure they'll be happy to talk and may even be able to point you in the right direction for more support
Sure, I just wouldn't want to ruin the relationship as I am really close with this person
boomboomb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sure, I just wouldn't want to ruin the relationship as I am really close with this person
Yeah I understand it's a hard situation to be in, and only you'll be able to judge what to do really 😊
Anonymous #1
Yeah I understand it's a hard situation to be in, and only you'll be able to judge what to do really 😊
Well tomorrow I thought I might speak to someone at my church who I know I can trust
boomboomb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well tomorrow I thought I might speak to someone at my church who I know I can trust
That sounds good to me, hopefully they are helpful and can support you
Anonymous #1
I just need to talk to someone before it’s too late
boomboomb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just need to talk to someone before it’s too late
yeah you're not alone and if you really feel like ending it people will definitely help you
Dalpx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry to hear that.
Who killed himself/herself?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (203)
19.13%
Labour (449)
42.32%
Liberal Democrats (208)
19.6%
Green Party (54)
5.09%
Brexit Party (28)
2.64%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (16)
1.51%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.94%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)