What skills do I need to become a Sales Assistant and a Supervisor?

Watch
cheesetop
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I wanna apply at Tessuti and JD for 2 different jobs - a Sales Assistant and a Supervisor. My only question is - what skills do I need to become one. I'm currently in college and I want a part time job and I've struggled so far so please let me know what skills I need so that I know what skills I can put on my CV and write examples of to make my CV look better suited to the job application.
Lizzillo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For sales assistant - friendly, work well in a team, customer focused, reliable. The ability to be pleasant always and keep a smile on your face, enjoying organising things and being good with handling money and a quick learner.
For supervisor, unless you have retail experience already they wouldn't hire you for that for a first job - they have no proof of your ability, if you even turn up to shifts and if you have a good reputation. Apply for supervisor/management roles once you have experience and good references from other roles. Plus you'll find most supervisors don't end up working part-time and it becomes a full time job.
cheesetop
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lizzillo)
For sales assistant - friendly, work well in a team, customer focused, reliable. The ability to be pleasant always and keep a smile on your face, enjoying organising things and being good with handling money and a quick learner.
For supervisor, unless you have retail experience already they wouldn't hire you for that for a first job - they have no proof of your ability, if you even turn up to shifts and if you have a good reputation. Apply for supervisor/management roles once you have experience and good references from other roles. Plus you'll find most supervisors don't end up working part-time and it becomes a full time job.
thank you. Is that all I should write down or are there any other skills that I could put on with them aswell as the more skills I've got the better my CV looks as it looks like I can offer them a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise