mildredofthetaco
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm trying so hard to revise history GCSE but I just feel like there's too much for me to make condensed notes on, what do you recommend?
r.osie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey, I felt quite similar when I did GCSE history. I would recommend posters for key events and sticking them on your wall. Also, timelines of events and fact files for key figures to help remember. I created flash cards with questions and answers that I’d go through regularly, as well as simply copying notes from the revision guides and highlighting (colour code! People, dates, places, etc.) hope this helps
mildredofthetaco
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by r.osie)
Hey, I felt quite similar when I did GCSE history. I would recommend posters for key events and sticking them on your wall. Also, timelines of events and fact files for key figures to help remember. I created flash cards with questions and answers that I’d go through regularly, as well as simply copying notes from the revision guides and highlighting (colour code! People, dates, places, etc.) hope this helps
Thank you! I’ve just started making posters tonight haha. Made one about the contenders for the throne in 1066, it’s stuck up beside my bed lol
roseabates
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mildredofthetaco)
I'm trying so hard to revise history GCSE but I just feel like there's too much for me to make condensed notes on, what do you recommend?
There are quite a few youtube accounts (eg the Revision Guy-de) who make really good factual history revision videos that I would recommend. Also, reading notes in the evening can help you memorise and understand them. I also find making lists or mindmaps of certain events and their successes/ failures or peoples opinions of them rather helpful.

Good luck!! X
stillcrying
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Use this website called Seneca Learning. It has everything condensed for you and is such a good free revision resource! You read through the information and then it asks you questions on it. It was helpful for all of my subjects at GCSE - got over 100 hours on it so I'd highly recommend!! https://www.senecalearning.com/ Good luck - you got this!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.62%
Less motivated (90)
74.38%

Watched Threads