What did you get for your 18th/21st birthday? Watch

fairylight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
My older sister's 21st birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I really want to get her something AMAZING

what do you guys recommend?

what did you get for your last sort of "landmark" age birthday? (18th, 21st etc)

:party:

would love to hear your ideas!

thanks
QI Elf
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Could you not get her her a really really nice piece of jewellery that she will keep forever and remember both you and her dau by?

I got a pearl necklace on my 18th (kind of a tradition in my family) and a lovely Butler and Wilson watch as 'special presents'
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
I spent my actual 21st birthday in Jamaica, on the beach sippin cocktails and jet skiing lol I had a party with family and friends before I left and a nice piece of Jewlerry. For my 18th, again I got some expensive Jewlerry, which I hardly wear.
afc1886
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont get it, is this a question about what we got or what we think you should get your sister? Im not yet 18 but they beeter be buying me a macbook lol. For a sister, I dont know, whats your budget? Maybe something like a helicopter ride from one of those 'experience days' she wouldn't forget that in a hurry
fairylight
Rep:
?
i'm just looking for ideas really

thought i'd see what everyone else got/recommends
Girl.Scout
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A nice watch.
Loochery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For my 18th I got an antique diamond necklace from my parents, and for my 21st a few weeks ago I got a Rado watch and some money :-)

My brother just gave me money to spend on what I wanted, which was an i-Pod station.
DancinBallerina
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairylight)
i'm just looking for ideas really

thought i'd see what everyone else got/recommends
Why don't you get your sister a keep sake, ie necklace or something that you know she will appreciate a lot? . . . I know the pieces of jewlerry I have got and other lil bits and bobs, I have kept and cherished hopin (if i have a daughter one day when im older), I can pass down to her.
LauyPauy
Report 10 years ago
buy something she would normally get herself. i hate it when people buy me bath stuff as a easy option as half of it i don't like and i can just buy that sort of thing myself. jewellry is always good - go on qvc for good stuff at resonable prices. one of my best prezzies was a nails inc nail varnish set (10) as it's not something i would usually buy (especially as it is £9 a bottle, my aunt got it off qvc so it can't have been that much or at least i hope not) but i love it
fairylight
Rep:
?
(Original post by QI Elf)
Could you not get her her a really really nice piece of jewellery that she will keep forever and remember both you and her dau by?

I got a pearl necklace on my 18th (kind of a tradition in my family) and a lovely Butler and Wilson watch as 'special presents'
a watch would be a good idea, Butler and Wilson do some nice watches too, will have a look into them, thanks
Charlybob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I got a Tag Heuer watch, but it's pretty guyish, don't think it'd suit someone's sister, so probably not a good idea :P
d0mz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My brother got £1000 (which is a big deal in my family because we don't really do money gifts) for his 18th and then I was supposed to get the same, though its now been nearly 10 months and I haven't got it because my dad decided to buy a business instead.

So in short, nothing.
sophisti_kate
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A luxury trip to India and diamond earrings for my 21st
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by d0mz)
My brother got £1000 (which is a big deal in my family because we don't really do money gifts) for his 18th and then I was supposed to get the same, though its now been nearly 10 months and I haven't got it because my dad decided to buy a business instead.

So in short, nothing.
make him pay inflation as the longer he has the money the less it will be worth. get like 1002 pounds
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a beautiful piece of jewellery for my 18th.
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
18th - diamond ring from my parents, some other jewellery (I think) from my sis

21st - Nintendo Wii from my parents (very mature I know lol) and the entire box set of Sex and the City from my sis
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a lump of coal and a kicking.
BrotherDown
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a watch for my eighteenth birthday, and my brother also took me away to Eastern Europe for a weekend on the piss.

I haven't had my 21st yet.
Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You cant go wrong with a bit of jewellery.
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For My 18th I got a Car which was pretty cool bought by my family all clubbing together, and again for my 21st they all clubbed together and got me a laptop. So I was pretty happy we dont really do big presents for any other birthdays apart from the landmarks.

I would suggest as said before jewellery, my brother bought me a sister necklace on my 18th which was so cute! Or If she doesnt have one you could buy her an ipod or something and fill it with all her favourite music, or something else you could do which my friends sister did for her was make a photo montage of there family and her growing up for her 21st.. it was totally sweet!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads