The Student Room Group

Pregnancy Scares... your stories.

Scroll to see replies

.Louise.
The MAP does, as a rule, work OP so I don't think you've got much to worry about. Especially as you did it within 2 hours!

However, I took it within 24 hours (we just didn't use anything, silly) and I'm now 9 weeks pregnant. I hope my boyfriend doesn't use this site, actually because I'm not sure how to tell him.. :/

:hugs: it must be hard....good luck with that and with any decision you make.
Reply 81
Anonymous
Is it not possible that you were pregnant from a time before you used the pill, or a time after you used the pill, perhaps????

You have to tell your boyfriend btw, and soon. His life has changed completely and he doesn't even know it...

Yeah I know I do, we've never even talked about that kinda stuff though, and we're going into last year of Uni so arrgh. I'm not sure he could really cope though, so I'm looking into abortion if they still offer it for past 9 weeks which I think they do. He's gonna kill me:frown:
Reply 82
Xristina
:hugs: it must be hard....good luck with that and with any decision you make.

thank-you :smile:
Reply 83
.Louise.
Yeah I know I do, we've never even talked about that kinda stuff though, and we're going into last year of Uni so arrgh. I'm not sure he could really cope though, so I'm looking into abortion if they still offer it for past 9 weeks which I think they do. He's gonna kill me:frown:

Nah. I wouldn't abort.

If the two of you are in your last year of uni, and you're 9 weeks pregnant, then by the time the baby is born the two of you will be almost finished with your final year.

So the baby will hopefully only be 3 months old when you both graduate, and then you can go about starting a life together with graduate jobs and so on. I don't think it would be too much of a struggle if you both do want to be together...

Your post did freak me out a bit but I'm sure the odds are still in my favour.

I'm only going into 2nd year of uni you see, and it's a 5 year course, so a baby right now would effectively end my uni life, and chances of a decent to support such a child.
Reply 84
Anonymous
Nah. I wouldn't abort.

If the two of you are in your last year of uni, and you're 9 weeks pregnant, then by the time the baby is born the two of you will be almost finished with your final year.

So the baby will hopefully only be 3 months old when you both graduate, and then you can go about starting a life together with graduate jobs and so on. I don't think it would be too much of a struggle if you both do want to be together...

Your post did freak me out a bit but I'm sure the odds are still in my favour.

I'm only going into 2nd year of uni you see, and it's a 5 year course, so a baby right now would effectively end my uni life, and chances of a decent to support such a child.

If you took extra precautions (ie used the MAP) there is a TINY chance that you can get pregnant, depending on the 'mistake' you made in the first place. Judging by your post, i think you're ok, the chance of pregnancy is tiny.
Reply 85
yeah i forgot to take my pill and then had sex with the boyfriend about 11 hours later. Majorly panicked and went to boots where the women told me i would be fine when i explained it to her. I didn't believe her and went to another chemist didnt tell them the whole story so they sold it to me.

I'm not pregnant so you should, fingers crossed, be fine.
Reply 86
She had her period. We're in the clear. Such a relief! Thanks for all the support guys, much appreciated!

Sorry to hear from the folks who weren't as lucky as us.

I'm so happy, though! I haven't ruined my life and plans continue as normal!!!
Anonymous
She had her period. We're in the clear. Such a relief! Thanks for all the support guys, much appreciated!

Sorry to hear from the folks who weren't as lucky as us.

I'm so happy, though! I haven't ruined my life and plans continue as normal!!!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: yeeeeiiii !!!! :smile:
Reply 88
Glad to hear it anon! Does that mean your girl has started on the pill now too? :smile:
Reply 89
suek
Glad to hear it anon! Does that mean your girl has started on the pill now too? :smile:

Yeah, she's started! So hopefully there shall be no more scares until I'm old enough not to have them ruin my life!
say my gf and i had unprotected sex and then she took the MAP.

she had her period on the 26th to 30th in June. She took the MAP on the 2nd of July. She had bleeding/period on the 11th of July.

Is this bleeding 'progestogen withdrawal bleeding' or her actual period? Since it is very early for it to be her period. She was expecting it on the 21st of July.

Her cycle is approx 25 days.

If it is just progestogen withdrawal bleeding, when would she be likely to have her period?
I just read this online

http://www.nyabortion.com/birthcontrol/themorningpill.shtml

Women using the morning-after pill may experience a change in their next period. It may come early, on time, or be late. Most women will get their period 7 to 9 days after treatment. If your period has not occurred by 21 days after treatment, you should check this out with a pregnancy test.

meaning that it was her actual period and that I have nothing to worry about?
Reply 92
When I took the MAP my period came within a week or so and was really light; from what I've heard of friend's experiences that's quite normal as you've taken such a massive dose of hormones that it shocks your system out of sink.
basically, i'm terrified.
my boyfriend and i haven't had sex (i'm a virgin) but we've done other stuff, and i'm scared i might be pregnant as my period is late. i know this is probably nothing to worry about but this is a result of my first sexual encounter, so as you can imagine i'm panicking somewhat. has anyone else experienced this, a pregnancy scare without having had sex?
thanks.
Anonymous
basically, i'm terrified.
my boyfriend and i haven't had sex (i'm a virgin) but we've done other stuff, and i'm scared i might be pregnant as my period is late. i know this is probably nothing to worry about but this is a result of my first sexual encounter, so as you can imagine i'm panicking somewhat. has anyone else experienced this, a pregnancy scare without having had sex?
thanks.

if you're a virgin, you're not pregnant.
Reply 95
Devil Bunny
How accurate are pregnancy tests? can you take just one say 2 weeks after period is due and believe the results or is it common for them to be wrong?

It's more common for them to be wrong when they say 'negative' than right.
yup having a scare right now, we think the condom was damaged and now my period is over 2 weeks late. Pregnancy tests are reading negative so I don't know what's going on :s-smilie:
Reply 97
PlanetTea
It's more common for them to be wrong when they say 'negative' than right.

that's not true... they're like 97% effective.
Reply 98
Anonymous
yup having a scare right now, we think the condom was damaged and now my period is over 2 weeks late. Pregnancy tests are reading negative so I don't know what's going on :s-smilie:

the fact you're stressing and worrying is probably making you late... stress can effect your periods like that
Reply 99
Anonymous
Well that is debateable.

If her cycle was going as normal then she was one week before her period when it happened.

However... She also took the morning after pill last week because she was paranoid. There wasn't really a call for concern because we successfully used a condom that time, but she was a little paranoid for some reason and went and got it, then this happened and she had it again. In the leaflet provided, it says that taking the pill can upset your menstrual cycle. So while she normally would have been 1 week before her period, the fact that she took the pill a week previously might have set her period back up to a month or so. I'm not sure what difference it would make. Actually, the leaflet says taking it MORE than once in one cycle might mess it up. So the fact that she'd only taken it once before the 'accident' means her period might have been still on course. So I'd say 1 week prior to period. I think.

The pharmacist says that 2 weeks before and after your period is when you're most likely to get pregnant, so assuming the first pill didn't mess up her cycle, then we also have that acting in our favour.

What?? I actually think you need to stop worrying so much as taking the morning after pill too often is apparently not very good for you - one person told me it increases your chances of infertility. I don't think that's true, but my pharmacist told me you shouldn't take it more than 3 times if you can help it!

It's obviously very important to take the morning after pill if something happens like in your original post, but she took it the first time for no reason?! that's really not a good idea.

I've had a few scares cos i'm on the mini-pill so don't get periods.. so I get scared quite a lot! I don't take the MAP unnecessarily though, just freak out and take a pregnancy test which is always negative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending