The Student Room Group

Skin

EFABB823-67BF-4FA2-848B-1D6BF5453D27.jpgHello, hopefully you reply! I have a rash on my leg which has been there for 3 months now, doctor prescribed a steroid cream which hasn’t touched it and I’ve tried sudocreme and hydrocortisone cream which haven’t removed it, it’s red and can itch sometimes, never had it before, I don’t know what it is and how to get rid of it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Go back to the doctor. They typically prescribe lower level treatments to start with and only move up to stronger ones if the lower level ones don't work.
Also, see a different doctor if possible. One may come up with one idea and another come up with a different idea.
I had exactly the same scenario (not the same rash though). I had to go back 3 times before I got the right cream.

Also, think carefully about what changed around the time or shortly before you first got the rash - different clothes, different bed linen, different laundry products, different soap or shower gel could all be possible causes.
Reply 2
Best thing for skin.... water and a good scrub.
Reply 3
Most consider skin to be the body's first line of defence... not true! The first line of defence is its population, now called the microbiome. Get lost... this place is already occupied! We aren't born with them but rapidly acquire a grew from our parents... or any others in close proximity. Takes about 2 yrs. Allergies are often an adverse reaction to their waste products which isn't supposed to happen as we have evolved alongside each other.
(edited 4 years ago)
That almost looks like a burn or a scar... Did it just appear like that or has it changed? I would go back to the doctor, if I was you. - maybe a different one to get a second opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest