Boring life Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anyone else feel like they have a boring life? I dunno, i just feel like everyone else is having a much better time then i am. I mean, i have never had a decent group of friends, just the odd one here and there, never been on holiday with my friends, hardly ever go out clubbing, sit on my own all day bored...the list goes on.

It's like one of my friends has just gone away for two weeks with his mates to Lanzarote, i've only ever been on a plane like 3 times, he's like travelled the world etc. I'm not exactly a slacker, i have a part time job, i go to uni, but now summer's come along the sheer boredom has hit me. I've got the opportunity to get extra shifts at work but i have to wait til said girl leaves in order to get them, in the meantime i'm just sat here with nothing to do, and i'll be like this til saturday. My job is very low paid as well, like £4.60 an hour, and is over in York, 20 miles away. I have a boyfriend, but he lives in York and i only see him weekends. I also have absoloutely no money as i overspent last month on rubbish so i can't go anywhere and get excited about new clothes etc. I never have any money! I'm moving over to uni in a few months as i've just got myself a student house i'll be sharing with 4 other people. So i'm sorta looking forward to that but i still feel i'm wasting my 'youth' sat at home (i'm 19 btw and going into my 2nd year). I spent my first year commuting from home, how boring , and i think i've pretty much scraped through uni.

There are things i wanna do, like travel the world. There is a field i'd like to get into but it all involves money etc which i can't afford. Sometimes i really hate being a student . Anyone feel the same? Rant over.
Sprout_hair
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I suggest getting a new job! Isnt that below the minimum age when ur over 18?
Yeaah i feel the same... i have the money but work too much to spend it!
And my friends go out a LOT but i cant cos of work.. now they dont even ask cos they just assume i have work!
But im hoping thats all about to change..
Miss.Naughty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Look, we all feel like this from time to time. But you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself, believe me!
Yes i've occasionaly felt like this, but then afterwards i was like what the hell was i thinking - life is good, and you shouldnt moan.
So what if you havent been on holiday with ya mates? Theres plenty of time for that still to happen, your only 19 for god sake! not 90!
So just cheer up, may sound hard i know, but just try and think you have nothing really to moean about, your healthy so all is well.

If you want to do something, DO IT, do not live to regret.

Sorry for all the cliches, but its all true!

Don't worry and be happy.
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Doesn't everyone think that everyone else has a cooler life?
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At the moment I'm pretty bored of my life. Just waiting for an exciting opportunity to come by, but i don't think its going to happen All my friends seem to have disappeared on holiday/working all the time. While I'm sat at home doing nothing, attempting to find a job.. and failing ohh the joy...
/rant.

Anyway... It seems you'd benefit from trying to find a new job, so you get better pay, meet new people, and may give you a new 'lease for life' ha.
I wouldn't worry about the travelling your only 19 you've got a lot of time for all that!
Or if your not enjoying your course you could take a year out, travel the world, and meet new people.

Hope things get better
BrotherDown
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I often feel the same. I'm at the end of a gap year which was kind of forced by circumstance and very unplanned. I didn't achieve anywhere near as much as I would have liked, or as others did. I did do a bit of travelling and didn't take to it too much - however I am still a bit envious of all my friends who have spent a year in Australia etc.

At the end of the day I think that a lot of people feel like this at some point. I try to go out more, contact my friends to arrange things, I'm saving up to go away somewhere again before uni. As for your job - get a new one! I've worked three jobs this year including a shelf-stacking one now, and all have paid at least £5.52!

Sounds like you have a great opportunity now with the house. I can't wait to move away to uni, go out more, be more open with other people (maybe a problem for you too?) and just have a bit more fun!
Dom1989
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Miss.Naughty)
Look, we all feel like this from time to time. But you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself, believe me!
Yes i've occasionaly felt like this, but then afterwards i was like what the hell was i thinking - life is good, and you shouldnt moan.
So what if you havent been on holiday with ya mates? Theres plenty of time for that still to happen, your only 19 for god sake! not 90!
So just cheer up, may sound hard i know, but just try and think you have nothing really to moean about, your healthy so all is well.

If you want to do something, DO IT, do not live to regret.

Sorry for all the cliches, but its all true!

Don't worry and be happy.
Yes absolutely. There's always someone worse off than yourself and at least you're not on the dole like the other subhuman scum- mostly youths...
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone else feel like they have a boring life? I dunno, i just feel like everyone else is having a much better time then i am. I mean, i have never had a decent group of friends, just the odd one here and there, never been on holiday with my friends, hardly ever go out clubbing, sit on my own all day bored...the list goes on.

It's like one of my friends has just gone away for two weeks with his mates to Lanzarote, i've only ever been on a plane like 3 times, he's like travelled the world etc. I'm not exactly a slacker, i have a part time job, i go to uni, but now summer's come along the sheer boredom has hit me. I've got the opportunity to get extra shifts at work but i have to wait til said girl leaves in order to get them, in the meantime i'm just sat here with nothing to do, and i'll be like this til saturday. My job is very low paid as well, like £4.60 an hour, and is over in York, 20 miles away. I have a boyfriend, but he lives in York and i only see him weekends. I also have absoloutely no money as i overspent last month on rubbish so i can't go anywhere and get excited about new clothes etc. I never have any money! I'm moving over to uni in a few months as i've just got myself a student house i'll be sharing with 4 other people. So i'm sorta looking forward to that but i still feel i'm wasting my 'youth' sat at home (i'm 19 btw and going into my 2nd year). I spent my first year commuting from home, how boring , and i think i've pretty much scraped through uni.

There are things i wanna do, like travel the world. There is a field i'd like to get into but it all involves money etc which i can't afford. Sometimes i really hate being a student . Anyone feel the same? Rant over.
guide to make your life more interesting:
1. do go out when invited, never say you're tired.
2. get some cool, cheap sunglasses and wear them everywhere.
3. look ironic while working, as to make a statement about capitalism and it's ability to enslave people, by looking bored, you state that you realize this, and that you are therefore not caught up in money hysteria.
4. read music critics, and always have a literary classic that you have read on hand, aswell as a flask full of alcohol.

now that you look cool (and never match your clothes, matchy matchy is out) and are carefully disheveled enough to look intellectual interesting people will want to talk to you.

and look, you're prepared! you know some good clubs, some chill music (and talk about where it comes from, it's influences, etc.), a good book to discuss, and alcohol to make both of you a bit more mellow.

if you make a smashing first impression, you very well may be invited into a group.

**note, doing these things will make you seem thrifty indie, so these kids probably a. don't have loads of money anyway or b. like to pretend they don't.

***never whine about being tired, and be spontaneous, there is nothing better than having a friend want to go climbing trees at three in the morning, it makes you seem crazy, full of energy, and fun, someone people want to be around.

(by the end of my uni year, people were convinced that i ran off of energy from the sun, cigarettes, and iced tea. i had a very very solid group of friends who were not only loads of fun, but cool, attractive, and extremely intelligent whom i love, and who love me back.)
have fun!
.pushing.charlotte.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm gonna have a boring 2 months until i'm back at college.
all i've been doing everyday is watching downloaded TV/movies and playing xbox live
but i am trying to get a job!
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Remember that in two years time you will be able to enter a career that you are interested in, on a decent wage-two years isn't too long to go now...remember why you are at university. If you are scraping through, could you put more of this time into your studies?

You could also get into volunteering; something to fill your time and rewarding too, also being good for your CV or experience you need for the future. And, although not paid, it doesn't cost anything!

Oxfam need volunteers for festival stewards this summer. Does your student union have jobs going or need help? An ideal way to meet like-minded young people possibly??
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Id suggest getting a job which you enjoy? i did the lifeguard course so i could work with people my age rather than 50-60 year olds, in a supermarket, also try and be more social at uni, join more clubs and go out more.

But yeah ive been pretty bored for the past month, watching homes under the hammer and dont get done get dom everyday
Alison267
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
But yeah ive been pretty bored for the past month, watching homes under the hammer and dont get done get dom everyday
To buy or not to buy is best
rt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

It is only you who can change your life. No one is going to give all the opportunties to you, you need to find them yourself. You don't need money to explore the wonderful countryside. I think like that sometimes but there isn't really a point moaning about it because there are so many opportunities and sometimes it is quite fustrating waiting for them if they're not just possible to grab yet. Get yourself involved.
DominF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel like this, I don't let it get me down though because I recognise that this is Summer, when you're allowed to be a bum at our age. :P Get a job if you can, that'll help; I would, but I'm only here 3 weeks before being busy pretty much every day until September.
thyssen1207
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That happens to me a lot. Although I've moved to different countries, schools etc.. I still feel that my life is boring and I could do a hell of a lot.

Try not to compare yourself with others. It makes things worse. Other people have flaws as well.
sozzberry
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wait a sec, you're 19 so isn't minimum wage more than £4.60ph? I could be wrong though.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks everyone. I don't really see the point in getting a new job as i'll be leaving once i move into my house anyway (in 2-3 months time) as there's not an easy way to get to work from my house, so i'm gonna get another well paid job in the city centre. I have about £600 in savings, which is paying for my summer rent, so that's mostly sorted, it's just everyday spending etc.

£4.60 is the minimum wage for 18-21. My last job was £3.50 an hour, and i did that for two years! I just don't see any point getting another job i'll only be doing for a couple of months, it might even take me that amount of time to find one! I can't really skip to a job in york for when i move in either as i still live in leeds and i don't want to pay for parking in the city centre, whereas i work in a shopping centre just out of town which has free parking and is just down the road from my boyfriend's house so is convenient on a weekend as i just stay at his.
jenren22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sozzberry)
Wait a sec, you're 19 so isn't minimum wage more than £4.60ph? I could be wrong though.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ay/DG_10027201
Absurd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Your life is what you make of it. If you want to make it more interesting, then do something to make it so.
Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Absurd)
Your life is what you make of it. If you want to make it more interesting, then do something to make it so.
Easier said than done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.32%
No - but I will (74)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (69)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (475)
48.17%

Watched Threads