Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you go here
http://portal.rhul.ac.uk/
and click on "Application Status Checker", then you can log in with either your UCAS number or a student number.
Once logged in scroll down and click on 1st year undergraduate reading lists.
By the way im doing psychology too so i guess i'll see u there :smile: (providing i pass)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
me too, me too :smile:
cheers that was really helpful!
anyone planning on buying/reading any before it starts?

see you all in a couple of months :smile:
nick
Reply 4
thanks so much for your help :smile: i was searching for ages trying to find it but oh well lol. yea hope 2 see u at RH!!! And i'm sure you'll pass, just be positive :smile:
Reply 5
bongobeatnick
cheers that was really helpful!
anyone planning on buying/reading any before it starts?

see you all in a couple of months :smile:
nick

erm...not sure whether to buy/read any of them before we go. i think i might look at the books for term 1 at least so that i can get a bit of a head start lol (which i think i'll need lol). are you going to buy/read any of them?
by the way - anyone else getting nervous about moving away from home?
Reply 6
i'll go to the library. university of helsinki has a good psycho library here :smile:

i actually am "scared" of moving to a hall with 7 other people. i've lived alone now for a while so the idea of being possible "distured by 7* a person like my sister" is not a nice thought :biggrin: my sister will turn 18 this year and she is pain in the butt.. oh well :biggrin:
Reply 7
i bought some of them already...
have a good job at the moment, which I quit because of the uni, so I thought I can invest in books now, since I'll probably fight with starvation first couple of months in uni.. :smile:
regarding moving from home..i left home when I was 17. i went to another country to study and lived in campus. it was quite ok. while you were young...now, 10 years later, must admit I'm quite happy I got Tuke, so I'll have my own room and bathroom....
Reply 8
zvonchy
i bought some of them already...
have a good job at the moment, which I quit because of the uni, so I thought I can invest in books now, since I'll probably fight with starvation first couple of months in uni.. :smile:
regarding moving from home..i left home when I was 17. i went to another country to study and lived in campus. it was quite ok. while you were young...now, 10 years later, must admit I'm quite happy I got Tuke, so I'll have my own room and bathroom....

Which ones did you get??
Reply 9
cath5885
thanks so much for your help :smile: i was searching for ages trying to find it but oh well lol. yea hope 2 see u at RH!!! And i'm sure you'll pass, just be positive :smile:

I hope so.
Reply 10
I got:
Brace, N., Kemp, R., & Snelgar, R. (2006). SPSS for Psychologists (3rd Ed.).
Eysenck, M.W. (2007). Fundamentals of Cognition
Gravetter, F.J., & Wallnau, L.B. (2007). Statistics for the behavioral sciences.
Slater, A., & Bremner, G. (2003). An Introduction to Developmental Psychology
Breedlove, S. M., Rosenzweig, M. R., & Watson, N. V. (2007). Biological Psychology
Reply 11
zvonchy
I got:
Brace, N., Kemp, R., & Snelgar, R. (2006). SPSS for Psychologists (3rd Ed.).
Eysenck, M.W. (2007). Fundamentals of Cognition
Gravetter, F.J., & Wallnau, L.B. (2007). Statistics for the behavioral sciences.
Slater, A., & Bremner, G. (2003). An Introduction to Developmental Psychology
Breedlove, S. M., Rosenzweig, M. R., & Watson, N. V. (2007). Biological Psychology

You got quite a lot of them then. Where did you get them from? And how much were they?
Reply 12
does anyone know where we can get the books 2nd hand or at a discounted price?
Reply 13
cath5885
does anyone know where we can get the books 2nd hand or at a discounted price?

Maybe on Amazon.
Reply 14
yes, I also bought them on amazon...
Reply 15
i need to buy a new laptop. my current one is a mac but it's already 3 years old and sadly dying. so i want to buy a new mac, but i just don't want to end up to the situation where all the programs that will be used e.g spss are for windows (or the ones provided by the uni will be only for windows).. does anyone else have a similar problem or have you heard about the programs and compatibilities with macs?
Reply 16
I also have mac...bur running windows on it...
you can install the progam called bootcamp which let's you decide between windows or mac on startup...that way you can use mac for a daily use, and if you ened windows for something specific, just boot to windows....
Reply 17
i was thinking about that at some point. i suppose it would work. just need to get a copy of windows.. oh well :biggrin:
Reply 18
I will not suggest any p2p programs...
SPSS isn't really an issue, in your first year you only use it during the stats lessons and for one lab report (right at the end of the year).
There's loads of computers in the psych department that all run SPSS so you can go, do the SPSS work on them, copy and paste into word and then incorporate that into your work at home on your Mac.

And in terms of text books you don't desperately need any of them, although for essays it's handy to at least have the key text. So long as you get in early enough you should be able to get this from the library though and there's always short loan if you can work quickly or are okay with photocopying the relevant pages. I'd say just get the ones that you think you'll need and/or get the most use out of.

Latest

Trending

Trending