The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

originalname
FOR **** SAKE.

Biggest waste of time in my life.

Got there at 10:10, and the queue was already HUMUNGOUS. Waited in "line" (there wasn't actually an orderly line, the pillocks had noone policing the queues, no barriers, nothing) for 2 hours before everyone rushed to the front, and the police came.

Ridiculous.

Throughout people kept pushing in at the front (black hoodlems of course. I'm not racist, just stating a fact, all the ****ers that were pushing in were black, with afros, dreads or slicked back bunches, hooped earings and baggy jogging bottoms, swaggering along in their gangs). Then when someone fell down the escalator everyone rushed to the front, the police came on horseback and closed it down.

10 minutes from the front I was! 1000s of people were there in a queue, then all of a sudden everyone was around the entrance, and the mounted police were rearing up at everyone half a metre from the crowds.

Pathetic waste of time.

I'm raging ._.

im not racist too but that was completely true.
EskimoJo
Glad I didn't go, but thanks for the very detailed, but completely pointless description of the black people that were there. :rolleyes:

"08-07-2008 16:07 If you weren't racist, you wouldn't have said 'of course'. EskimoJo"

Black hoodlems I said. Not black people, not ethnic minorities, not afro-c, but black hoodlems. I've got no problem with black people, I'm not racist at all, just the bastard rats that hang around in gangs.

"Prejudice or discrimination based on an individual's race; can be expressed individually or through institutional policies or practices...."

I've got no prejudices against black people, or any race for the matter; but for the black teens that hang around in gangs in london, well of course I have prejudices and intolerance. They give me no good reason to have faith in them. They continually show no respect for anyone, are foul mouthed, have no morals or manners.

**** it, I hate them. (no disrespect Eskimojo)

'safe'
Reply 42
But they might have been white Hoodlums! They exist! So there was no need to say of course. Why did you not just say 'hoodlums'? And why did you spend so much time describing their hairstyles? :s-smilie:
I had exactly the same problem, Do you know if anyone was able to get application forms ?
EskimoJo
But they might have been white Hoodlums! They exist! So there was no need to say of course. Why did you not just say 'hoodlums'? And why did you spend so much time describing their hairstyles? :s-smilie:

Ok maybe that was a bit OTT, but my description describes the "hoodlums" so it's perfectly fitting...
Reply 45
I GOT PICTURES!!! WOOOOOOOOOO. Haha, one sec. *goes on photobucket*

Rofl.. yeah was such a waste of time! I stayed up doing my CV up and everything.. oh well, I gave it out to some stores around Hammersmith anyway. =D
hehe :biggrin:
MaiaX3
I GOT PICTURES!!! WOOOOOOOOOO. Haha, one sec. *goes on photobucket*

The third one lol :P I saw that. When the blue striped guy picked up the brick i was like, oooooo shi-
Does anyone know what actually set it all off? I saw the ambulances there waaaay before everyone rushed...
this threads putting me off moving to london slightly! In cornwall, a job fayre would never turn into a riot! :frown:
Reply 50
lmao wow... sorry for letting people know of this, i honestly did not think it would turn out like that...

Thank **** i didn't go and went work instead XD
50 quid well earnt :biggrin:

Sorry guys, didn't think it would be like that.
Reply 51
tropicalcoconuts3
this threads putting me off moving to london slightly! In cornwall, a job fayre would never turn into a riot! :frown:

I hate london, but i'm on the verge of becoming rich with my business, so ill convince my mum to sell the house now and buy a sexier one in Kensington :wink:

Unless you live in nice areas, i seriously hate it.
Advice if you come: Stay in West London, it's just the best part of london really.
:smile:
Indeed. I thought south kens was a nice place, but this happened 8 mins away.
Reply 53
originalname
Indeed. I thought south kens was a nice place, but this happened 8 mins away.

What 8 minutes on the tube right??
You honestly can't compare hammersmith with kensington lol.
Ukazi-TazZy
What 8 minutes on the tube right??
You honestly can't compare hammersmith with kensington lol.

Yeah 8 mins on the tube.
Reply 55
Hmm. Ok that didn't work!
How about partying the summer away in clubs and earning monies? :biggrin: But only if you're good-looking! I'm not going to bother! I'm not a chatty person (*she says as she posts 100 more posts today*). :rolleyes:
Reply 56
Another job for Londoners. If you're ok with dogs.
Reply 57
originalname
FOR **** SAKE.

Biggest waste of time in my life.

Got there at 10:10, and the queue was already HUMUNGOUS. Waited in "line" (there wasn't actually an orderly line, the pillocks had noone policing the queues, no barriers, nothing) for 2 hours before everyone rushed to the front, and the police came.

Ridiculous.

Throughout people kept pushing in at the front (black hoodlems of course. I'm not racist, just stating a fact, all the ****ers that were pushing in were black, with afros, dreads or slicked back bunches, hooped earings and baggy jogging bottoms, swaggering along in their gangs). Then when someone fell down the escalator everyone rushed to the front, the police came on horseback and closed it down.

10 minutes from the front I was! 1000s of people were there in a queue, then all of a sudden everyone was around the entrance, and the mounted police were rearing up at everyone half a metre from the crowds.

Pathetic waste of time.

I'm raging ._.
What exactly do you mean, black hoodlems of course? you may disagree, but your statement 'of course', simply implies you have a sweeping prejudgement of what a rudely and anti social person looks like. I know plenty of black people with afros who behave with respect and good manners, i know plenty of black people who wear jogging bottoms and behave with respect and good manners. If i go out in my area now, im faced with plenty more white and asian teenagers wearing the hoods and jogging bottoms than blacks, so your point just fails.

I don't know where you live, maybe its fantasy la la land town in a remote village town up in the northwest of the UK, on far away island. But here in London, especially, you get anti social and badly mannered teenagers who are white, black and Asian.

For the record, i also know plenty of people who wear hoods and don’t act as you describe. Im black and have a hood, so in that case you better be afraid of me, otherwise I might just push you down the stairs too then, obviously.
Ok, I apologise for that description. It certainly doesn't extend to all black people who have afros and wear jogging bottoms when they clearly aren't doing any sport...

However, the people that were pushing in, were true to the description. The of course I still maintain is justified :/ I'm sorry. Perhaps it's just my area, but the only people that ever push in are rude boi/gyal teenagers (white or black) that hang around in groups and match the description I gave.

Didn't mean to cause any offense, again, I'm certainly not racist, but that's just how it was.
Eugh, and another one takes offense.

To clarify, because clearly people are getting confused;

I DID NOT MEAN THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE HAVE AFROS, JOGGING BOTTOMS, NIKE TNS AND NEW ERA HATS, HAVE NO MANNERS AND PUSH PEOPLE DOWN STAIRS, as another well perceived user assumed (I've no ****ing idea where you got the pensioner stair bit from, very dramatic).

However, Black (or white, seems to be in the minority though in a large gang of black kids) hoodlums do.

Latest

Trending

Trending