Cifas marker -16 year old

Watch
Ernestina88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
This summer in August my account has been closed for fraudulent practices. I never shared my information but I lost my card ( I thought it was around my house and I didn’t use it because I my dad stopped paying into it late 2018, so it must fallen out of my wallet while going out). So my balance was -£28 put when I spoke to Nationwide they did an investigation and I got proven innocent ( so the £28 got repaid, my balance was £0 but my account closed). But I still got a cifas marking against my name ( got rejected by Halifax and Santander) .I recently contacted FOS and given my evidence but still haven’t got anything back. I neede it to access my school bursary fund , but the date expired so I need a job to support myself( travel to school). In addition I want to study medicine at Oxford , I got the GCSE grades, volunteering and good A level results so far , I know this mark will last 6 years if I can’t get it removed I want to know if I can still live a normal life. P.s. the first party fraud mark states that I opened the account with the intention of frauds, but my account was opened by my parents when I was 12, so it’s not fair that it should ruin my life and from research plenty of other teens young adults life’s are being ruined too. It any possible way meanwhile FOS are doing their investigation that I conduct a normal life? (Need to get a job)
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Ernestina88)
This summer in August my account has been closed for fraudulent practices. I never shared my information but I lost my card ( I thought it was around my house and I didn’t use it because I my dad stopped paying into it late 2018, so it must fallen out of my wallet while going out). So my balance was -£28 put when I spoke to Nationwide they did an investigation and I got proven innocent ( so the £28 got repaid, my balance was £0 but my account closed). But I still got a cifas marking against my name ( got rejected by Halifax and Santander) .I recently contacted FOS and given my evidence but still haven’t got anything back. I neede it to access my school bursary fund , but the date expired so I need a job to support myself( travel to school). In addition I want to study medicine at Oxford , I got the GCSE grades, volunteering and good A level results so far , I know this mark will last 6 years if I can’t get it removed I want to know if I can still live a normal life. P.s. the first party fraud mark states that I opened the account with the intention of frauds, but my account was opened by my parents when I was 12, so it’s not fair that it should ruin my life and from research plenty of other teens young adults life’s are being ruined too. It any possible way meanwhile FOS are doing their investigation that I conduct a normal life? (Need to get a job)
No-one can go into details about whether or not the CIFAS marker will be removed or not, because we don't know the details of the case or anything.

However, having a CIFAS marker for first-party fraud will mean you will find it all but impossible to open a bank account in your own name, and will need to make alternative arrangements to access banking facilities. Could you arrange to have funds paid into your parent's account? It won't affect any application for medicine.
Ernestina88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Definitely not for my bursary fund, and from research student loans have to go into an account in the students name , so I won’t be able to do that.
Cartier4O
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How did you know that you was CIFA Marked?
Hshshshsehhe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is there any way you can check if you have a cifas marked? And how
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hshshshsehhe)
Is there any way you can check if you have a cifas marked? And how
You need to make a Subject Access Request with CIFAS. Info here:

https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/...access-request
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads