My Dad - Money problems Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anon or delete please.

So, about 7-8 years ago, my dad had it good.. Wife, Two kids, big house in the country, BMW, TVR and Range Rover.. Then about 5 years ago his business went bust, and he had to get a new job which paid well, but the hours were extremely long and he would get extremely stressed.
Soon after my mum and dad went through some trouble and got divorced, my dad got very depressed, therefore he quit his job and decided to 'attempt' to retire.
But of course, With the divorvce laws in this country being completely stupid and my mum being a B****, she took most of his money.

I was sure my dad was just going to have a short break from work, sort himself out and then get a job. But this was now 5 years ago... he still hasnt got a job and doesnt get any unemployment benefits or anything.

The thing is hes been spending like he used too - 3/4 holidays a year and nice clothes.

His financial situation has really been worrying me over the last year and then the other day whilst my sister was talking about being in debt at university, he said 'Oh I dont even want to see my bank balance at the moment, it must be far in the negative'

This got me really, really worried and i was just wondering what will happen if he gets in so much debt?
Will he go to prison? Or will me and my sister get passed the debt on when he gets older?

Thanks.
tkane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
------------------------
tkane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
------------------------
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (344)
37.84%
No - but I will (72)
7.92%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise