Dettol soap? Watch

jenren22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anyone use this? I bought some the other day to wash my feet with but wondered about using it on my face and body as well? It smells lovely and fresh and i have already used it on my face after cleanser and seems to work lovely! In fact my night moisturiser goes on lovely after it and my face is glowing!

Is it bad to use it? Or really good? It's antibacterial so good for feet but i dunno whether it's properties would be harsh for your skin?
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Noooooooooooo! Don't use soap on your face! It's waaay too harsh. It'll dry your skin out completely (and you know what dehydrated skin leads to.... wrinkles!!).

I'd stick to a facial cleanser if I were you.
jenren22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Noooooooooooo! Don't use soap on your face! It's waaay too harsh. It'll dry your skin out completely (and you know what dehydrated skin leads to.... wrinkles!!).

I'd stick to a facial cleanser if I were you.
Oh i do, i use a No7 cleanser it's just this one has moisturising properties and i use it after cleansing just to get rid of excess cleanser (as mine is a horrid gel cleanser). Doesn't seem to dry it out. I can use it on my body though right?
WarmSound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Getting rid of cleanser is what toner is for! Just try and find one that isn't alcohol based, with nothing too harsh in it. I'd never use soap on my face.
jenren22
Rep:
?
I've only got a cheapy tesco's toner though...
pamelaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think it would cause that much harm, just use it.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cold water is the cheapest toner out there. You don't need to spend a penny on toner. Just run the tap and splash your face - it'll rinse off the cleanser no problem.

Really, soap isn't good for the face.
WarmSound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd usually agree but some cleansers don't wash off completely with water, like my simple cleanser (that I don't like much).

Toners are often so harsh though. What is wrong with the Tesco one? Just that it's cheap, or..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (139)
38.19%
No - but I will (20)
5.49%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
49.18%

Watched Threads