Bubbleuk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am doing an access to midwifery course and it asks this question.

You are required to write two examples of each of the following using the text in the article provided (see assessor guidance section below to download the article).
• Paraphrase
• Quotation

You must ensure that the meaning of the original text is conveyed/summarised when paraphrasing. Quotation examples must be presented in the appropriate manner.

Anyone have any suggestions how to do this, its been a long time since i have been in education and im not sure what I am being asked to do here.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bubbleuk)
I am doing an access to midwifery course and it asks this question.

You are required to write two examples of each of the following using the text in the article provided (see assessor guidance section below to download the article).
• Paraphrase
• Quotation

You must ensure that the meaning of the original text is conveyed/summarised when paraphrasing. Quotation examples must be presented in the appropriate manner.

Anyone have any suggestions how to do this, its been a long time since i have been in education and im not sure what I am being asked to do here.
Paraphrasing is literally just taking the text and saying it in a different way. The meaning should be the same - you shouldn't remove or add anything. It's useful sometimes to make bullet points of the key points so that you can then put them into your own words.
Bubbleuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
Paraphrasing is literally just taking the text and saying it in a different way. The meaning should be the same - you shouldn't remove or add anything. It's useful sometimes to make bullet points of the key points so that you can then put them into your own words.
what does it mean by quotation?
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what does it mean by quotation?
A quotation is an exact copy of a small snippet of the text.
Bubbleuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
A quotation is an exact copy of a small snippet of the text.
so for the quotation, i take a pragraph and copy it , then re-write it in my own words, then use a small snipet of it and write it exactly the same as the text, is that write ?
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so for the quotation, i take a pragraph and copy it , then re-write it in my own words, then use a small snipet of it and write it exactly the same as the text, is that write ?
No. The quotation is a totally separate thing from the paraphrasing.

A quotation is a directly copied (i.e. word for word) small section of text.

Paraphrasing is a reworded piece of text.
rach8412
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
did you manage to figure this out? currently stuck on the same thing
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rach8412)
did you manage to figure this out? currently stuck on the same thing
Posts #2, #4 and #6 have explained how to paraphrase and what quotations are
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed