Is Lancaster good for mature students? (Accommodation) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, I’m thinking of applying to Lancaster for psychology as it’s been my dream to go there since I was 13 (would you believe!)
However it took longer than expected to be able to get my A-levels (i was diagnosed with type 1 bipolar as a teenager) and I will be 22 by the time I start. I was just wondering, as I can’t afford studio accommodation and would need to live on campus because of my illness, would it be likely that I could be placed with other mature students in a flat? Or am I destined to be stuck with a load of 18 year olds?:’) does anyone have any experience living on campus as a mature student?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I’m thinking of applying to Lancaster for psychology as it’s been my dream to go there since I was 13 (would you believe!)
However it took longer than expected to be able to get my A-levels (i was diagnosed with type 1 bipolar as a teenager) and I will be 22 by the time I start. I was just wondering, as I can’t afford studio accommodation and would need to live on campus because of my illness, would it be likely that I could be placed with other mature students in a flat? Or am I destined to be stuck with a load of 18 year olds?:’) does anyone have any experience living on campus as a mature student?
Hi anon,
I don't know all the answers but I'm in third year now and I know a lot of people who have moved back on campus. From what I can tell, they put all the third/fourth years all together in the same flats and they tend to be a lot calmer as people have a lot of work to do (not really living the Fresher's life as much). When you apply for accommodation just email the accommodation manager and hopefully they can put you in a flat with older students if you'd prefer it. I'd recommend Cartmel/Lonsdale/Pendle en-suite (if it's in your budget). These flats are all near Grad college (so older students around in general) and that accommodation is situated in Alexandra Park which I think is less sort of 'partying students' compared to Townhouses for example (although of course - there will be some!). They're also near to the studios so again in general it's a bit quieter. I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi anon,
I don't know all the answers but I'm in third year now and I know a lot of people who have moved back on campus. From what I can tell, they put all the third/fourth years all together in the same flats and they tend to be a lot calmer as people have a lot of work to do (not really living the Fresher's life as much). When you apply for accommodation just email the accommodation manager and hopefully they can put you in a flat with older students if you'd prefer it. I'd recommend Cartmel/Lonsdale/Pendle en-suite (if it's in your budget). These flats are all near Grad college (so older students around in general) and that accommodation is situated in Alexandra Park which I think is less sort of 'partying students' compared to Townhouses for example (although of course - there will be some!). They're also near to the studios so again in general it's a bit quieter. I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Thank you so much for this! I’ll definitely do that when I apply for accommodation so do I just email the accommodation office to ask after applying then?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much for this! I’ll definitely do that when I apply for accommodation so do I just email the accommodation office to ask after applying then?
Yes! There's different ones for different colleges - but I can't remember but you might be able to make a request in your application.
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (54)
32.53%
No I don't (78)
46.99%
I work during the holidays (34)
20.48%

Watched Threads