What's the best touchscreen phone Watch

Metrobeans
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Not including the iPhone. (There are too many basic tasks that the iPhone cannot do.)
Absurd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Samsung Soul? It looks pretty nifty.
Richie90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HTC Touch Diamond
IcEmAn911
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
iphone?? other than that I'm not too sure.. I would say the LG viewty but the touchscreen on that is poor when compared to the Iphone
Metrobeans
Rep:
?
Samsung Soul Looks cool, but I'm one of those looking for an ultra gadgety phone. I'm fed up with the N95, but want a phone almost all the features of the N95, but touchscreen. If N96 was touch screen, I'd get it like a shot. I've had a bit a of look round internets- anyone had any experience with HTC phones?
IcEmAn911
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I doubt there'd be a good enough phone to rival the N95 which is pretty much the best phone you can buy at this moment in time.
Metrobeans
Rep:
?
(Original post by north_western_manc)
HTC Touch Diamond
Do you own it? If so, is it as good as it looks?
Richie90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep, we swear by them now lol...basically a little history. HTC originally were a taiwanese company making devices for companies - they made the XDA range and MDA ranges. They also supplied them to the companies Qtek and imate. Qtek was failing so HTC bought them outright, and now sell phones under the HTC branding. imate fell out with them and began making their own devices.

I havent had any personal experience with the diamond but there are many excellent reviews and its certainly going to give the iphone a run for its money. In our family we currently all have smartphones made by HTC (Qtek 8500's) and my dad has got an XDA II and an XDA Exec, all excellant phones.

Will perhaps look at a diamond when my current phone is dying, but since it only a few months old, itll be a while - i do believe that a few of the early issues with the diamond as experienced in the reviews are now sorted with a software update.
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I-Phones are pretty good.
Jozaphinee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would recommend the LG viewty , although I do find it difficult to move a page up and down with my finger.
Which are you wanting to know what is better - A touchscreen phone itself or the actual touchscreen?
xKarinx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Samsung Tocco

The LG Viewty's are a bit bulky imo
pianofingers
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nothing does the whole touch-screen thing like the iPhone, it's the standard by far.

Features wise however it's perhaps not the strongest... as the Bluetooth is restricted to headsets, there's no MMS and the camera is only 2MP with no video cam and no zoom.

Samsung Tocco looks promising...
zoe1989
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Absurd)
Samsung Soul? It looks pretty nifty.
just got it is bloody good
Strictly Business
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HTC Touch dual
Rob500
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LG Viewty is good.
PinPin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't get a viewty, there are much better touchscreen phones now and I hate my viewty. Plus i have to charge it every day now or it dies :/

Samsung phones are always reliable.
cadaeibfeceh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
samsung f700v? i know the f490 is newer and thinner but you've gotta love the qwerty on the f700
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Samsung Tocco (F480) has my backing 100%! Got it nearly a month ago, and in love with it!! the LG Viewty like mentioned is bulky and its interface can be quite slow at times. Tocco is a definite winner!!
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
p990i... although i would say that, as i own one.

took me a while to get used to, as it was as tep up from using a joystick on the k750, but is so easy to use now..
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
I-Phones are pretty good.
Ditto this.

The iPhone 3G is being released this Friday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise