Grades (for people who are going or at Plymouth Uni). Watch

Becksy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What grades have you got? I really want to study Geography at the Plymouth Uni so I am going to apply this year. Plymouth Uni is the only place I want to go so I am just wondering what grades you have and what grades they are looking for.

I have a C in Geography A-level. (I was ill in the last year) therefore I am worried that I won't get in. I have also done Philosophy and Eng Lit A-level and currently I am studying Biology and Environmental Science A-level which I am hoping to do well in.
Sarahl89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Plymouth gave me a points offer of 240 points for their wildlife conservation course - so not drastically high offers - though for geography the standard offers probably abit higher than that cause my course is a bit of a random one.
hanfromman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/un...s%29+Geography

have a look at this link but from reading it quickly it needs 260-280 points from at least 2 A Levels, and a C in a relevant subject so your C in Geography would be fine, as long as you get grades in the other subjects which make up the rest of the points
Adam Sheridan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
BA (hons) Digital Art & Technology

I was asked for 260, got them and should be starting September '08

- Adam
pooks12345
Report 10 years ago
Hey,

I had a gap year so have had my grades and got in no problem.

Got BCCD in a levels and CB in as.

Yeah I know I did way to many, its not because I am clever (clearly lol) But I was so indecisive on what I wanted to do!

That was for a business degree
Smalley
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey!

Plymouth does seem to have a wide range in course requirements.
I'm also going for Wildlife Conservation like Sarahl89, but my entry needs 280 points (but only 230 with AS level points)
But then my friend applied for civil engineering, and only needed 180 UCAS points.

You could always contact Plymouth and ask them to consider your illness with your grades, or get your college tutor to do so with the UCAS application.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Got into business course, got like 320 points i believe. Course asked for 240 or 260 it was.
Shame i liked the uni so much or i oculd of have gone somewhere else xD
nam2590
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got in for medicine (peninsula med school strictly speaking) My tariff is around 550, they don't make offers tariff wise though, their Alevel offer is A*AAa.
Plymouth seem to do tonnes of diff types of degrees, their ocean ones look ace!! I'm a tad jealous.
Kate5tar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got into Psychology with an A in Film Studies and a very high B in Psychology... But because I only had 2 A Levels I also did as AS (Sociology, got an A) and an extra qualification called an EPQ (basically a big essay and presentation worth the same amount as an AS level) and got a B on that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of Plymouth
    All departments open Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise