Acrylic Paint? Watch

QI Elf
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok so for a project I'm doing I'm painting on glass. I don't want to buy glass paints but I have acrylic paint.

Will this work and if I wash the glass (its a wine glass) will the paint wash off?

Also in my acrylic set I have "Acrylic Gloss Gel Medium" what exaclty is this, what dioes it do and will it be of any use for my glass painting?
oh_eight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by QI Elf)
Will this work and if I wash the glass (its a wine glass) will the paint wash off?
If the paint is quite thin it may flake off and if the paint is quite thick it would easily peel off.

Also in my acrylic set I have "Acrylic Gloss Gel Medium" what exaclty is this, what dioes it do and will it be of any use for my glass painting?
"It increases the brilliance and transparency of acrylic color without changing the thickness of the paint, and dries to a gloss finish."
Freud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok so for a project I'm doing I'm painting on glass. I don't want to buy glass paints but I have acrylic paint.

In warm water, yes. Glass paint will be more hard wearing if you are washing the glass but still won't be great. Depends a lot on the quality of paint.

Also in my acrylic set I have "Acrylic Gloss Gel Medium" what exactly is this, what does it do and will it be of any use for my glass painting?
Medium thins the paint making it more transparent. This medium is probably just glorified PVA glue with something added to make is gloss. The gloss element of it will make it less adhesive to something like glass. I dare say matt would be better and glass paint the best choices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.28%
No - but I will (74)
7.5%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (476)
48.23%

Watched Threads