taylor9882a
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
What are the best revison techniques i could use , at the moment im studying geography , history , maths , english lit , chemistry , biology , physics , fiance and also photography and construction (currently working towards level two - college level)
ive felt very overwhelmed with managing all of these and does anyone know what can help.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by taylor9882a)
What are the best revison techniques i could use , at the moment im studying geography , history , maths , english lit , chemistry , biology , physics , fiance and also photography and construction (currently working towards level two - college level)
ive felt very overwhelmed with managing all of these and does anyone know what can help.
Revision techniques are down to the individual, there’s so many different types. Ultimately you can either be an auditory learner, a visual, or kinaesthetic. There’s a wide range of ‘personality tests’ that you can do to try determine which technique would work for you.

To give a few examples you could try:

- creating mind maps
- flash cards
- creating audio books or video tapes
- listening to videos such as primrose kitten or free science lessons
- re writing your notes continually
- sticking your notes onto your wall could also help

What have you tried so far?
taylor9882a
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Revision techniques are down to the individual, there’s so many different types. Ultimately you can either be an auditory learner, a visual, or kinaesthetic. There’s a wide range of ‘personality tests’ that you can do to try determine which technique would work for you.

To give a few examples you could try:

- creating mind maps
- flash cards
- creating audio books or video tapes
- listening to videos such as primrose kitten or free science lessons
- re writing your notes continually
- sticking your notes onto your wall could also help

What have you tried so far?
I've tried using flash cards , watching videos , writings loads of notes and even audio books to help but It still doesn't seem enough . but sticking notes on my walls is definitely one I'm going to start to do. Also how many times a week should I revise and for how , long because when I ask my teachers they say every night but forget how many gcse we have to revise and how should I split them up so I'm not over doing it which is defiantly something I need because I have no structure and no set time limit.
Thank you for the other methods to help me revise.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by taylor9882a)
I've tried using flash cards , watching videos , writings loads of notes and even audio books to help but It still doesn't seem enough . but sticking notes on my walls is definitely one I'm going to start to do. Also how many times a week should I revise and for how , long because when I ask my teachers they say every night but forget how many gcse we have to revise and how should I split them up so I'm not over doing it which is defiantly something I need because I have no structure and no set time limit.
Thank you for the other methods to help me revise.
I would say do some every night but don’t over work yourself, you don’t need to study every subject in one night: that’s pointless and will be exhaustingly tiresome.

You could possibly do two subjects a day till after Christmas? And then re ramp it to being more. I would advise that you create a revision timetable and do about two hours a night - if you have time?
thesciencehive
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Taylor, I've set up a free revision website for Biology, Chemistry & Physics. There are free worksheets for you to download and add to your revision notes as well as questions to test your understanding.

Hope this helps!

Holly
Last edited by thesciencehive; 2 months ago
taylor9882a
Rep:
?
(Original post by thesciencehive)
Hi Taylor, I've set up a free revision website for Biology, Chemistry & Physics. There are free worksheets for you to download and add to your revision notes as well as questions to test your understanding.

Hope this helps!

Holly
thank you so much this means alot.
taylor9882a
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
I would say do some every night but don’t over work yourself, you don’t need to study every subject in one night: that’s pointless and will be exhaustingly tiresome.

You could possibly do two subjects a day till after Christmas? And then re ramp it to being more. I would advise that you create a revision timetable and do about two hours a night - if you have time?
yeah ill try thank you for your help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (211)
53.15%
No (186)
46.85%

Watched Threads