The Student Room Group

dont know if guy friend might be gay

hi,
i had an odd conversation over whatsapp last night with a guy friend who lives in a different country. anyway i was at a concert and he texted me ' you might even meet the love of your life there, you never know' because i said i was on my own and everyone else was in groups or couples. anyway afterwards he told me that he met the love of his life at a concert but things didn't work out (it was a guy). I asked him if he as into guys and girls or just guys but then i said he didn't have to answer that, so he didn't lol.
anyway i had the impression before this that he liked me just a little bit so i'm a bit confused.
when i type this out it sounds so dumb but, is there a way i can ask him what his deal is without being insensitive?
the fact that he said i might meet my true love there, suggests to me that he doesn't see me that way, but what do you think?
Gay or not, it really is none of your business. He might not even necessarily know himself. Either way, it doesn’t seem like he’s into you, sadly. He’s encouraging you to meet other people and isn’t even indicating that he’s into your gender
Reply 2
Original post by OctoberRain7
Gay or not, it really is none of your business. He might not even necessarily know himself. Either way, it doesn’t seem like he’s into you, sadly. He’s encouraging you to meet other people and isn’t even indicating that he’s into your gender

yeah i know that, but i think generally speaking good friends tend to know something of each other's love lives, until yesterday i knew virtually nothing. i didn't want to pry into his personal business i just wanted to know of he felt something for me or not.
he could be encouraging me because we're so far apart, who knows.
Reply 3

also he's the one who started talking about it, i never asked him to share that with me. why would he do that unless he wanted to tell me?
I'm afraid you're looking into this a bit too much.
Reply 5
Original post by Shining Stars
I'm afraid you're looking into this a bit too much.

lol maybe.
Original post by Anonymous
also he's the one who started talking about it, i never asked him to share that with me. why would he do that unless he wanted to tell me?

Idk why he’s doing it but I know from personal experience (I’m bi) that people who are figuring out their sexuality are not really going to want to talk about their love lives with other people that much. He might be trying to open up but labels can be pretty scary and saying it to someone makes it a lot more “real” and permanent
Idk if that makes sense but basically when someone’s confused or scared they’re going to be confusing to others
Reply 7
Idk why he’s doing it but I know from personal experience (I’m bi) that people who are figuring out their sexuality are not really going to want to talk about their love lives with other people that much. He might be trying to open up but labels can be pretty scary and saying it to someone makes it a lot more “real” and permanent
Idk if that makes sense but basically when someone’s confused or scared they’re going to be confusing to others

fair enough.
i mean he whatsapps me an awful lot for someone who's not interested. i just want him to feel like he can be honest with me about it.
Reply 8
we're both 27 if that makes any difference.
Reply 9
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending