durham colleges as harry potter houses

Watch
username4981956
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey guyssss

for anyone at durham, which Harry Potter houses (gryffindor, slytherin, ravenclaw, hufflepuff) would you put all of the colleges at Durham into
Academicbee123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s such a good question, I want to see the responses
aurelia.caz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well I'm not at Durham, but according to the rumours and stereotypes I've heard, I would say this :

Gryffindor : St Cuth's, St Mary's, St Aidan's, Hild Bede

Hufflepuff : Collingwood, Stephenson, John Snow, Josephine Butler, Van Mildert

Ravenclaw : Grey, St Chad's, St John's, Trevelyan, Josephine Butler

Slytherin : Hatfield, Castle

You will notice that a lot of "not very famous" colleges are in Hufflepuff, and that's because, like members of this house, they are often underrated. I obviously put Castle and Hatfield in Slytherin because they both mainly care about being the best. Colleges in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw were harder to classify, but I feel like I've done a pretty good job with it xD

Are you applying to Durham for 2020 entry ? And if so, which college(s) are you considering ? I've already applied and I'm applying to Hatfield (because what I said before was certainly a stereotype, and it was pretty !)
username4981956
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by aurelia.caz)
Well I'm not at Durham, but according to the rumours and stereotypes I've heard, I would say this :

Gryffindor : St Cuth's, St Mary's, St Aidan's, Hild Bede

Hufflepuff : Collingwood, Stephenson, John Snow, Josephine Butler, Van Mildert

Ravenclaw : Grey, St Chad's, St John's, Trevelyan, Josephine Butler

Slytherin : Hatfield, Castle

You will notice that a lot of "not very famous" colleges are in Hufflepuff, and that's because, like members of this house, they are often underrated. I obviously put Castle and Hatfield in Slytherin because they both mainly care about being the best. Colleges in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw were harder to classify, but I feel like I've done a pretty good job with it xD

Are you applying to Durham for 2020 entry ? And if so, which college(s) are you considering ? I've already applied and I'm applying to Hatfield (because what I said before was certainly a stereotype, and it was pretty !)
im in L6 so will be applying to places next year. But yes, I'm thinking about applying for philosophy. do you know if this is a particularly competitive course?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by evaagraay)
im in L6 so will be applying to places next year. But yes, I'm thinking about applying for philosophy. do you know if this is a particularly competitive course?
According to the Which? site 80% of applicants for philosophy at Durham get offers.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What a weird thread.
andp3ggy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thought some people applying who haven't chosen a college yet might want to know this: When I visited durham, i looked at a lot of the older colleges and outside St Mays i got handed a leaflet by the student union saying a lot of the old colleges had issues with rats, heating and 12 people to small toilets - despite being expensive accommodation eek! That what made me choose Stephenson (more modern, bigger, brighter rooms, with a bigger bar area).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (435)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed